SRS I really dislike my (possibly) soon to be sister in law

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Cerridwen, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I just can't stand her. She seems very nice, but I don't know her very well. My brother in law and her have only been dating for 3 months (last Sunday), yet they already moved in together and are talking about having a baby and getting married.
    Now, I'm not one to talk for doing things backwards (had the baby, then the husband, then the house, and hopefully someday the schooling), but I am really concerned about my brother.
    We just spent the evening with them and my brother's two sons, and I'm just left with this really uneasy feeling.
    Of COURSE I wouldn't say anything to him about it, this is just my need to vent a little bit. I'm sure that I just need to get to know her and that she is a great person.
    Thanks for listening :o

2. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

She's going to be a family member. Cut her some slack. Give her a chance. She might not be all that bad. :dunno:

3. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:) I'm trying.
    I guess I'm just having a hard time, especialy with my previous sister in law and the way she was.

She (the current one) seems an awful lot like me too, it's scary (one of the reasons I feel uneasy about her- which is odd). She has the same painting, some of the same Pagan books, loves the Renn. Faire, hell we even ordered the same thing at DQ tonight.
    Yeah, so I'm just being weird I guess.
    Don't get me wrong, I am NOT rude to her and I AM trying. Maybe I just need a little bit of adjustment time. :o

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Well dont' project your previous bad experiences on her, of course be weary but don't shoot at her verbally for no reason. :o

5. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

Listen to your gut feeling, if it tells you something is wrong, just keep your guard up. Not much you can do about your brother being with her, he is choosing this.

6. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:) I'm not.
    Like I said, I am very polite to her and as friendly as I can force myself to be.
    My husband thinks I'm crazy for not liking her. :o I guess the two of them thought we'd get along great because we have so much in common!

7. beautiful disaster

beautiful disaster OT Supporter

there really isn't much you can do. like was stated earlier, you can't judge her for past mistakes your brother has made with previous girls. saying something to her would only cause problems in the family. just keep going the way you're going and play defensively.

8. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

But what I really want to do is sit my brother in law down andslap him a couple of times, ask him what the hell is he thinking?!
    His last marriage may have lasted 8 years, but it was 8 years of hell and abuse for both of them. That one started because she got pregnant the first month they knew each other!
    Argh.
    sorry just needed to vent again, especialy since I can't talk to anyone else irl about this.