MMA I read the PBP for pride 30, doesnt seem too good =/ *spoilers in this thread*

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by chechen, Oct 23, 2005.

1. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

[ wtf, like twelve decisions, and every other stoppage sounded like it was early besides the heel hook ninja did. oh well, you cant really blame them for putting on a bad show once in a while, this last bushido was awesome, and we had cro cop vs fedor before that. ]

2. Rommel

Rommel friends forever

Yeah

the best match sounds like either ninja or dong vs takimoto ( i knew it would come through) :big grin:

It sounded like barnett was just content to push cro cop into the ropes and try and keep him there. What a terrible way to go in a pride fight, at least he should have tried to make it exciting, nobody ever gets anywhere by having boring lifeless fights. Sounds like cro cop actually dominated him on the ground aswell.

Also from the pbp kharitonov and werdum makes for a tentative fight with neither guy wanting to engage in their opponents respective strengths.

Doesn't sound to goo for this pride, early stoppages and the japanese crowd booing doesn't bode well.

3. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

saku vs ken... wtf... What I said would be funny actually happened.

4. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

going to have to download this this afternoon

5. Rommel

Rommel friends forever

likewise, i just hope it isn't a bluntzrip, that guy always cocks it up, fucks up the encoding, awful upload and ginormous file size every single time.

6. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

I wish they put up the fights individually with the korean commentary.

7. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

where did u guys read the spoliers??

8. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

lol, nevermind sherdog had it posted, im blind

9. Rommel

Rommel friends forever

god damn, it's taking them a long ass time to get these fights up

10. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

lol, at saku with left hand knockout. people are saying it was kind of stopped prematurely though.

also, another loss for the koreans :wtc:, we just need to stick with dominating TKD in the olympics lol.

11. FlyingNun

FlyingNun Active Member

didn't read any of this thread yet but i just saw zulu vs sentoryu fight and that was probably the worst stoppage i have ever seen...that was the loudest booing ive ever heard from japanese crowd...also zulu is HUGE

12. FlyingNun

FlyingNun Active Member

just saw the sakuraba fight....from now on Yuji Shimada and Big John McCarthy should be the only ones reffing for UFC and Pride

13. Rommel

Rommel friends forever

so far the fights i have seen sucked major balls

chunkaev didn't belong in the ring with ninja

14. Rommel

Rommel friends forever

damn that sak stoppage was ridiculous, what i liked about pride was that they let the action continue until the ending was decisive.

15. chechen

actually, he thought was doing rather well. i thought the action was pretty even up until that heel hook. murad was doing very well on the ground.

16. Rommel

Rommel friends forever

he's a chechen too

But he wasn't doing that well on the ground, he had a few nice escapes but it didn't look like his game was well put together. He looked lost and maybe i'm being an armchair fighter here but he should have seen that heelhook coming a mile off. He needs alot of work.

That kick by ninja really messed is day up, i thought ninja had him finished there.

17. Rommel

Rommel friends forever

he actually used a reversal that nakamura used against nog in his first match

18. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

now if only my downloads would speed up. btw, did Ninja still look chubby in his fight? I remember a long time ago when he fought Sergei (when I first saw him) he looked like he had one too many crispy cremes.

19. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

I just saw sak vs shammy. That fight was a lot like sak vs dong.

20. Rommel

Rommel friends forever

he looked in good shape

i wonder if pride will ever bring back murad because they never brough back ignatov when he fought arona and despite getting dominated he didn't look horrible in the process. It was just that arona was on his a game.

21. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

They are stopping fights quicker and quicker these days. It sucks because these guys obviously can still fight but safety is such a huge concern.

22. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

I just saw another 3 fights. Ninja vs murad, james thompson vs alexandru, and zulu vs sentoryu. I am a little dissapointed in that they put those 2 freak show fights in the event, and on top of that stopped both of the fights super early. Sure they don't want the fighters to get hurt, but it is getting to the point where the fans will suspect if the fights were worked. Zulu kneed sentoryus head 2 or 3 times and the ref stopped it, but in previous fights I've seen many more knees thrown and the ref doing nothing about it.

Is pride criticized in japan as much as the UFC is in America? If so, maybe thats the reason they are being so quick to stop the fights before they look any more brutal.

23. chechen

No i think its a pretty sociably acceptable thing there. they market the event as a confrontation between warriors as opposed to a blood bath, the way the ufc markets it

24. FlyingNun

FlyingNun Active Member

i thought the james thompson fight wasn't really stopped early if that's one of the fights people were talking about...that guy he fought had his debut in mma i think...he just didn't want to fight...he turned his back completely and turtled up...he just had no place in the ring to begin with

sak vs shamrock was stopped way early...both refs didn't even check shamrock or sentoryu's eyes before calling the fight...they just assumed the worst had happened...was a little suprised that shamrock turtled up the way he did

i never expected sergei vs werdum to be as bad as it was...styles matchup where each person couldn't execute their strength at all...i was waiting for sergei to blast werdum the whole time

glad rampage came away with the win....i think yokoi's lack of explosive power was the deciding factor there...stuck in that side control position with his arm trapped looking so helpless

Last edited: Oct 24, 2005
  25. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

Yokoi was actually a LOT better on the ground than I thought. Rampage clearly uses a lot of muscle to power out of bad positions. I see that happen ALL the time in my bjj club, where the smaller technical guy gets side mount, only to be BOWLED over by the bigger stronger guy into his side mount. All that work for nothing :rofl:. Whatever works for him I guess. I can tell that yokoi does have a lot of mat time, and just needs to work on getting p4p stronger, and also maybe his wrestling.