SRS I r confused

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JohnJohnJohnson, Aug 16, 2006.

1. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

Some memories from the summer with me and my gf:
    A "sleepover" we had which I can't explain but which was somehow very nice because we had a lot of time on our hands and could just hang out w/ each other without worrying about all the shit we had to do.
    An entire week when she was cold and brooding.
    Also when we went to the movies together ... one in particular, it was a kid's movie yet managed to be a very romantic experience for her, and for me too.
    The decrease in her affection towards me, contrasting with the increase or at least maintenance of my affection towards her. :ugh:
    The realization that it would be best if we became single when she got to college.
    Awesome, satisfying sex. :drool:

I'm beginning to resent my gf for her emotional ups and downs. She does more than enough to hold onto me for the moment despite the fact that she's unstable and trying to figure out what she wants. But, I feel like my chain has been yanked, and maybe I let it get yanked, and that I may have lost some respect in the process. (I'm sure DiggityDogg will have sth to say about that). Perhaps this is just pride that I should look past. At any rate there is some resentment here.

2. Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic New Member

When does she leave for college?

3. big 1

big 1 New Member

I would just take things slowly, take things day by day. youre young, why do you feel the need to "label" her as your girlfriend?
    Instead, make efforts to keep in touch with eachother via phone,email/IM. You can reconnect on thanksgiving, christmas and other holidays. If you want, you can go out and visit her.
    Youre both young, and while its unrealistic for you two to remain bf-and-gf while shes away, it doesnt mean that you have to drop your contact all-together.
    Keep yourself busy while shes away, yet keep her informed on the things that are going on in your lives, so that you dont feel that apart.
    Who knows? maybe next summer youll go back to that comfortable status you had this summer.

4. JohnJohnJohnson

in 5 days

5. JohnJohnJohnson

could u elaborate on that? i don't know if i even do feel the need to label her that way. she loves me, i'm in love with her, and right now we are together and monogamous, which is pretty much all i mean by "gf."

6. big 1

big 1 New Member

because if you dont label her as your "gf", instead as someone you are close with and have a crush on, you wont take things so personally. Youll have more perspective on the situation when shes away. youll be able to give her the room she needs to explore her life, without keeping her on a short leash.
    Also that way, if you or her decides to look in the other direction, it wont be an infidelity, cus youre not together.
    Like i said, keep in contact, but dont label her as your gf.

7. JohnJohnJohnson

That's essentially what I'm doing. When we get to college we will be "single" for all intents and purposes. More than a break (where a reunion is def. expected to happen), but less than a break-up (where a reunion is explictly expected not to happen).