SRS I quit smoking!!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by MudFlap, Nov 29, 2006.

1. MudFlap

MudFlap Guest

I fianlly did it after quitting constantly for two years. THe problem is now that Im constantly hungry and eat like a pig. I use to smaoke before bed, now I pig out before I go to bed and this is not goood. In theory I would have no problem to buy a pack and smoke one before bed so I didnt have to eat, but if I get a pack I know Ill smoke it in a day. Hmmm anyone went through this, how did u deal?

2. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

You've swapped addictions! Try becoming addicted to eating lots of lettuce before you go to bed, or something? Obviously not that but just something that has a positive effect

3. Gek

Gek Go for broke

wow you can swap addictions? i've tried it with toothpicks but after a couple days i couldn't help it.. lollipops help me out alot but they're not too good for your teeth. lol

4. sublime335

sublime335 New Member

i have only been smoking for about 5 weeks and now started quitting. I know I probably don't have nearly as bad of an addiction, but I personally have always had an addiction with eating right before bed. I started chugging a lot of water before bed. That solves the hunger, but can backfire when you wake up earlier than you mean to because you have to pee. Also, doing crunches and push ups about 15 minutes before i'm ready for bed usually gets rid of my hunger.

5. T2 Tsunami

T2 Tsunami Active Member

you need something to replace the tar stick, eating is always a better choice(nutrition/neccesity), try to figure out a healthy snack/meal you like...and stuff the fridge with it.

6. MudFlap

MudFlap Guest

Sounds good... but im always hugry now. I can fill up my tummy and five minutes later Im a hungry hippo. For now Im toking again untill I figgure out a way. Im one of those poeople that eat crazy during winter and nothing during summer... maybe ill wait for summer :dunno:

BTW I could never fill up on veggies... I need meat in my meal or its not a meal... I know I know

7. bovine

bovine New Member

Quit three years ago. I bought a bike when I quit and rode it as much as I could, at least once a day. I ate a lot to make up for not smoking a pack and a half a day, but the weight wouldn't stay on because of the increased activity.

I now commute 16 miles a day by bike and work out 3 times a week and those are the major reasons I know I'll never smoke another cigarette again; I would just have to give up too much for the habit.

Good luck, however you choose to tackle your addiction.

8. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Good job! I'd give anything to have my SO stop, and he only smokes 2 cigs a day. It's worth it though.

9. bmwmon

bmwmon New Member

congrats

10. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

I had to quit drinking coffee when I quit smoking. The two just go together so well.

11. subzero

subzero New Member

I chose a day..oct 1st 2002...got me some patches and my main problems was wanting a smoke after eating / drinking...

I quit that morning with the patch and by the 3rd week I realized I had not used a patch for a couple days and to curb the want after a meal or when ever I smoked a bowl....:wiggle:

Now I know one for another but I have smoking bud for as long as smokes..20+yrs and was upto 2 1/2 packs a day and just was tired of the stink and just palin nastyness of the whole thing...:sadwavey:

Now the question is how do I quit the bud,but the 1st problem is I do not want to stop that but I really need to as it is starting to control me instead of the other way around...

Now do not get me wrong I do not suck dick or steal to get it,I take care of my bills and family but still smoke way too much and I am working at home now doing PC builds and what not so being home alot is not helping either..

I try to even cut back but I keep saying fuck it I wants a pull ....so I guiess I need to figure a way to find some self control and meter my use or ween myself back ......I think I am screwed...:x:

12. crackerjack

crackerjack just creepin by

Did you know that the health of an obese individual is comparable to that of a smoker?
    True story.

13. bovine

bovine New Member

Way to back up you assertion with facts and figures. :ugh2:

14. crackerjack

crackerjack just creepin by

15. bovine

bovine New Member

Sorry, that doesn't back up what you stated. The title of the article is "Obesity Passing Smoking as Top Avoidable Cause of Death" meaning that more people are dying of obesity than of smoking. This is nothing like your statement that "the health of an obese individual is comparable to that of a smoker." Your logic is akin to stating that smoking is more dangerous than getting hit in the face with a rocket blast because more people die a year from smoking than from RPG attacks.

Cudos on you ad hominem argument too. Cave Dweller, indeed.