GUN I pulled through fuckers. Now come look at the Sniper School pics.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ghostrider4450, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Ghostrider4450

Ghostrider4450 New Member

As some of you may remeber, I have been given the chance to go shoot and experience some training with a local branch of a private training contractor. I have not been able to be there for the amphibous assault yet, hopefully that will happen this thursday weather permitting. The guys from the private contractor, Black Diamond Training (www.blackdiamondtraining.com) invited me down to the local LE facility to experience their Law Enforcement Sniper School.

Black Diamond Training

[​IMG]

Pics of the compound

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Briefing before the first evolution.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Before there was any shooting, the three LE snipers in training were sent on a Surveillance and Recon Evolution. They were inserted about 1/4 mile north of the Trailer and were to advance towards it without being dectected by the "roleplayers" played by myself and another instructor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I took myself out of play for a bit, and was sent out to try and find them. After some serious searching and finding nothing but forest, I gave up and turned my radio on to find out where Sierra one was. After a few photos I went back to resume my part as an OpFor with my AR15.

Surveillance Evo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We were supposed to be patrolling a specific route so that Sierra one could report what they saw, and react accordingly. At one point we were told to rush a berm in front of their position and act as if we had heard/spotted somthing suspicous. We ran up there and scanned, but found nothing. I later found out that my head would have exploded like a melon from a .308 round about 30 yards from our position, had I "locked eyes and muzzled him" in a real life situation. :noes:

OpFor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Post Evo Debriefing/cleaning

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was allowed to shoot the .308 M24s and my AR15 in their drills. The one M700 I shot had a nice 3.4 Lb trigger job and was a beautiful gun to shoot.

M24s

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They had us doing Russian Fire drills @ 100 and 150 yards running about 35 and 50 yards on flat terrain and uphill respectively, before loading and placing a good shot. The drill was supposed to be exocuted in less than 15 seconds. I had to do it open irons with my Bushy, my 4x21 was badly off zero and I didnt want to fuck with it. For good measure, I didnt place one round in a mag and be done with it. I opted to manually drop that bitch in there and hit the bolt release, so I could be on the same playing field as the LE guys. We did a few other variants of the RFD, and a bunch of cold-bore shots.

100 yard line prone

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shooting at 250 yards

[​IMG]

After some shooting, everyone learned to make ghillie suits from cammie tops, web netting camo in the form of a cape instead of a full suit. The jacket had a hole cut in the back and netting glued over it, for good ventillation and to allow a Camelbak to be worn comfortably.

Suitmaking

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After that it was break for chow. Upon everyones return, they had a 150 and 250 yard night shoot with all the blue lights on the range and a few squad cars lit up for effect down below illuminating the targets. I wanted to take pictures, but the flash would have fucked up their night vision. Gotta bring the tripod next time I guess. The whole day was an amazing learning experience and a complete blast. I was invited to come back whenever they train, with the amphib assault hopefully happening this week. I have officially been hooked on a bolt action rifle and the M700 is next on my list. :bigthumb:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2006
  2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:coold: looks like it was alot of fun

3. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

I'm jealous

4. SnakeEater

SnakeEater OT Supporter

Now that looks like a damm good time

5. Ghostrider4450

Here is my target for the day shooting the M24. Its marked @ 150 yards but I shot at it from 250 as well. Not the best groupings, but it was my first time shooting that gun, and that distance as well.

[​IMG]

I definately will be going back to shoot with them this week. I hope they go through with their waterborne assault. Looks like it will be equally badass. :x: :bigthumb:

6. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

LOL @ pic of girl with penis.

7. Ghostrider4450

Wow thats pretty nuts. On my comp its a pic of crosshairs thru a scope. :mamoru: Fucking Iphoto....lol.

8. WiLL

WiLL Active Member

:rofl:

The thumbnail is of the scope's crosshair...but when clicked its just that.

:mamoru:

Looks like you had a blast! :bigthumb:

9. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

Fuck clicking all those thumbnails.

10. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

:rofl:

I want a left handed 700 short action, all I can find for cheap are ultramags :ugh:

11. s0ber

s0ber New Member

omg fucking that peice of shit ihostphotos doesnt work

12. 8BaLL

8BaLL New Member

13. Ghostrider4450

Is it not working for you? You may be a minority in this case...:hsugh:

14. Ghostrider4450

Just as an aside, the main instructor that heads the paticular branch of BD, was on the presidential detail in the Secret Service. As for the other two, one is the ex cheif of police, and the other was a Marine Sniper in Afghanistan. So Between the thee, they have some serious experience in many fields and specialties of Law Enforcement.