i now know how rejection feels like...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by who?, Jul 29, 2005.

1. who?

who? Guest

so i asked a girl out after knowing her for about a year, and long story short, she said no because our personalities werent similar enough

i like this girl, we always have fun when we're together, she admits it too, but she feels our interests are too different from each oother, which i agree to as well, but i told her those things could be worked out, and she still kept no as her answer. She said she still would want to be friends though.. and although she is cool to hangout with, obviously my views about her have changed.

so im feeling kinda shitty right now, but i was wondering if i should just forget her, or try once more?

2. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

its good that you at least asked. now you know how she feels and you can move on. i know its hard but you'll get over it.

3. Repost

Repost PENCIL DICK

Yeah, she's not gonna change her mind if you force her, and even if she does, she's never really going to be happy.

You don't HAVE to move on and forget about her, but it is VERY hard being "just friends" with someone you like.

4. who?

who? Guest

you guys think i should completely just cut it off with her?
    or go back to our previous state of friendship? which i stated above that i couldnt go back 100% because of the fact that i asked her out and she's said "no" now.

part of me still wants to hang out with her because shes cool and fun, but another part is telling me to stop wasting time and move on

5. Darrin

Darrin Eat. Sleep. Arrest People.

imo things might be a bit awkward with her knowing how u feel and u knowing how she feels.

but if u think that wont affect things then by all means be friends still.

6. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Go back to the friendship and go back 110 percent. She wants you as a friend, just because she doesnt find you attractive or want to be romantically involved with you doesnt mean anything about your friendship. If you like her enough to want a relationship with her, why would you hurt her by pulling away your friendship just because she didnt want to have a higher relaitonship. Extremely selfish on your part.

Get over the fact that she said no and go on with life. Ive had several close friends say no in the past...it just gave us something to joke about later...because we were FRIENDS.

7. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

If she's cool to hang out with I'd definitely recommend staying friends with her. It'll take you a month or two to start to get over it but you will come to see that because she wasn't interested, it was never going to happen. Once you've accepted that you can just get on with hanging out and having fun.