SRS I never thought I'd make it this far...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Create, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Create

Create :free at last:

Today is 9 weeks without a drop of alcohol.

I've always been a strong "Anything if you put your mind to it" kinda person. Alcohol, though, was one thing that I tried to give up countless times in passing, and four times seriously with varying degrees of success.

This time, I got over my arrogance and starting attending a few AA meetings per week. Without AA I doubt I'd have been able to where I am today..

I can't emphasize enough: Anyone who is thinking about or in-process of quitting something - Get into a support program. The support, accountibility, coping mechanisms...and just being able to talk about what you're going through to someone who can relate, is absolutely incredible.

When I first started this thing, 9 weeks ago, I mentioned in my meeting that I was going to not have a car and was likely to miss the next meeting. They sat there and figured out who was close and could give me a ride. Many of the AA veterans will bend over backwards to keep you out of the bar if you call them when the craving hits...or if you need a ride to a meeting.

I'm rambling but damn, I just had to share something positive.

2. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

I agree completely, congratulations. "I got over my arrogance and started attending a few AA meetings a week..." great way to put it. Same thing happened for me and now I wake up and realize I have 2 years sober.

3. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

Congratulations!

You're life will get better than you can even imagine.
    One day at a time and you will do good.