I never thought I would still be thinking of her

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Jimmy2Times, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Jimmy2Times

Jimmy2Times New Member

Me and my ex broke up half a year ago (after a very close 2 year relationship) and she is still in my head everyday..its not really bad now though (the first few months of the break up was VERY hard)..I kinda have moved on and meet other people and im currently looking for another girlfriend or close female friend..anways I still miss her and we both still have feelings for eachother but everytime we try to work things out it doesnt work..I understand that and she does too thats why we dont talk anymore..but even to this day we still both know that we feel the same for eachoter and theres nothing to do about it cause everytime we try it doesnt work.

its not like Im dying without her..I have finally believed that theres always someone else out there to be with..
    but I dont understand why we still have this sort of connection.
    If it never works out then why do we miss eachother?
    I thought breaking up was so things like this wouldnt happen..I understand its emotionally difficult at first but its been half a year. It makes me feel like me and her have somthing left but nothing is happening here.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2005
  2. HeftyFD

HeftyFD Guest

it sounds to me like you need some closure...im not sure why yall broke up, but that might help in figuring out why you still feel the way you do

3. cuz

cuz Guest

if you have tried to get back together but it never works out, then it seems to me that it probably wont. like HeftyFD said, you need some closure, and good job gettin out there and meeting new people.

4. BlMMERGUY

BlMMERGUY New Member

i dated my first gf for 4 years before i moved away. i called her and thought of her constantly for at least a full year after. no closure was the problem. she didnt move on, and neither did i. even through hookups i still thought of her. later i dated this other girl for a year... i was kind of the tool in that relationship... we broke up when she cheated on me with my best friend(no longer friends) i still think of her too... the problem was there was no closure. they both just ended. the problem with not obtaining closure is i compare girls i meet now to my first girlfriend. they never measure up no matter how atiquit sp? they are. its a sad thing and ive talked to her about it. it almost feels like its too late for it. the two relationships have and WILL haunt me for years and years to come. dont end up like me GL peace

5. EX-JAY

EX-JAY New Member

Times heals all wounds; it might take a month and in some cases, you never forget that person; he or she will always have a little space in your heart. That is not ball at all, for both of you lived thru some intense, good, and bad moments. You need to see it this way: Do you rather be with him/her and be unhappy or do you rather be unhappy by yourself and move on? Don't make the mistake of being miserable with a relationship just becuase you feel love. Peace.

6. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

I agree with EX-JAY, if there is termoil in a relatinship, you're better off without, that way only you can cause your own misery.

Anyway, I too have an ex that I have never been able to not think about everyday since we met. Even when I was living my my most recent ex (been broken up now for about a year), even fucking her, I still thought about my ex, wierd. So last summer I decided I would call teh ex, not to get back together, since I thought I had moved on from that, but to find out that she is ok, she has a history of medical issues. She was doing well, she sounded very happy, I was happy for her, which made me happier about everything.
    I think I/we also had the issue of no closure, but after a few phone calls, I thought everything was said that needed to be, unfortuatly that only made it worse. She ended up calling me in early January from the MH, where she was admitted, and asked me to visit her, I did, we talked, she still has strong feelings for me, as I do her.
    Now I'll mention teh time frame here, We met 8 years ago, started "dating" (read: fucking) a month later, in my mind it was supposed to be a fling, that turned into a very intense relationship, things happened, I left, this was 3.5 years later, go up about 7 months I get involved with another girl, we end up moving in together a few months later. We were together for 3 years. So the ex that I can't stop thinking about and I have been broken up for 4 years now, and there's still feelings mutual feelings. She told me just last Saturday, when she called me, that she loved me. :noes:

I know this isn't making it any easier for you, but to let you know that some of us go through what you do, and worse, so we can empathize with you.

All I can say for you is to figure out why you feel so much for her, and work around that if you need to or can.

What I'm going to do in my situation, I don't know, I'll figure that out when I get there.

7. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Why is it when people mention they still have feelings for their ex they act surprised? That's perfectly normal. If you don't have feelings for your ex then you probably never loved him/her in the first place. The longer you're away from someone the more the positive memories resurface and the negative ones die down. Don't get fooled into thinking it could work again. I'm a year out of my last relationship. Usually I feel like I hate her guts, but yeah sometimes I have good feelings about her. It doesn't change a thing.

8. booxbooxkittie

booxbooxkittie New Member

you know what, you are always going to feel that connection for her. I went out with this guy for somewhat over a year and it was HELLA hard breaking up. We tried off and on for over 3 years to get back together but things just did not work out. My b/f and his ex broke up almost 3 years ago and we have been together for a lil over a year and when we were first going out he talked about her NONSTOP...it bugged me at first and shit but now it does not. I understand what he was going through...I know that he still has feelings for her(if you love someone you always will and will always have some feelings for them) like I still have feelings for this guy---nothing that I would ever want to pursue anymore. It is hella hard for a while but things do get better. You are never going to stop caring for each other or anything....but anyway, good luck:)

Kristy
    x0x0

9. 2LD

2LD New Member

shell never leave your head ... just keep her close
    the balls roll funny, you could always work out together later when situations and youre both on the same page. That sounds like some sappy gay shet but its true
    good luck playboy