I never knew how taxing plyometrics could be.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by hootpie, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hootpie

hootpie New Member

I've had 4 sessions and each one brings me to the point of vomiting. I go home soaked in sweat and amd pretty much done for the day in terms of physical activity. What's funny is whenever the PT shows me what I'm going to be doing I think, "Well this should be easy." It always ends up being 10x harder than it looks.

That being said--I love it.

2. supramandrew87

supramandrew87 Picture Me Rollin OT Supporter

Just curious...why are you doing plyometrics? Are you training for something specific? What kind of exercises are you doing?

I ask because Im going to be working on my vertical, and it should require a good amount of plyometric work. :bigthumb:

3. hootpie

hootpie New Member

I'm getting ready for the basketball season (start next week). I need to increase my core strength, stability/balance, and vertical.

The exercises range anywhere from regular core work (ball crunches), single leg leg press, different variation of high step-ups, jumping lunges, one legged jumping (forward and backward) and increasing the distance, jump squats, calf raises, and a lot of work with this 30' long thing that looks like a rope ladder. It lays on the ground and I do different things to work on reactionary speed and quickness as well as coordination and power.

We still haven't covered everything yet. We'll be doing one leg squats, box jumps and stuff like that.

I made the mistake of playing basketball today...don't know why I thought it'd be a good idea after an intense day of plyo.

4. copperkali

copperkali Mrs. Nicklk

:werd: plyometrics are tough as shit!

5. supramandrew87

supramandrew87 Picture Me Rollin OT Supporter

Nice! Sounds like fun.

It'd be cool to get some numbers once you're done...like speed or vertical increase. Id be interested in seeing some good results from a little hard work :bigthumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.