I needs a new MMO

Discussion in 'Online Adventures' started by Musouka, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Musouka

Musouka New Member

So, I've been out of the MMO loop for awhile and need a new game to play:
    1. Casual - I can log on for an hour or two every day and still feel like I'm making some progress

2. Evened out community - I'll have people to play with at nearly all levels and not just when I get to higher levels

3. Decent soloing

4. Friendly community and also a very group-oriented game

5. F2P or Sub-based, doesn't matter

6. A fairly "solid" game with few bugs and no completely broken gameplay (LAWL probably doesn't exist)

7. Fairly easy to learn

8. Graphics - hmmm, they don't need to be amazing, but it would be nice if the art is nicely designed (I like unique atmospheres that really immerse you)

9. No open PVP, although things like castle sieges,RVR, or the like would be a nice bonus but not necessary

10. Any theme is fine, fantasy, pirate, sci-fi, etc.

:x::x::x:

2. Wthermans

Wthermans What does "New High Score" mean? Is that bad? Di

LOTRO sounds similar to what you're looking for. It's rather shallow at higher levels though and you really have to spam the local LFG channel to find people to group with.

3. onyxium

onyxium New Member

Wat?

4. tibbar

tibbar aww fennec foxah aww

It's called both. You can solo well, but grouping is totally awesome and worth it.

I don't have any suggestions, but you may like eq2 for what I did not like it. The feeling I got from the game was that everyone was a pvefaggot and they all sounded like pussies (every time I got a level everyone in the guild would go apeshit and say grats like 15 times). I didn't like the way the graphics looked either. But it looked alright, the gameplay wasn't bad at all. The grouping was excellent. If you're into pve it's a pretty good one. Soloing it really depends on how you spec. I mistakenly specced my fury for healing instead of damage.

5. onyxium

onyxium New Member

Obviously I've not played an MMO like that :o FFXI = very limited soloability for leveling, WoW = why the hell would you ever group up until you're 70.

So uh, not those 2.

6. Koltas

Koltas OT Supporter

We all need a new MMO. Join the club. :hs:

I'd echo the recommendation of Wthermans though... LOTRO sounds like it'll fit your bill.

7. tibbar

tibbar aww fennec foxah aww

Yeah every mmo should adopt the diablo style of grouping. More members = more xp :big grin:

8. onyxium

onyxium New Member

Well...FFXI does that kind of...by making it virtually impossible to solo, in essence you get more xp for being in a 6-man party :o Actually there are bonuses to the xp for more people (up to 6, then it gets bad), but it still splits it amongst the members.

9. alkalinesolo

alkalinesolo Active Member

You might want to try Guild Wars.

10. nofriends

nofriends OT Supporter

Try City of Villians. It gets repeatitive, but its a fun game to just pick up and play whenever you have some spare time. To me its like playing an MMO version of the old school X-Men arcade game.

The sidekick feature of the game is really great and needs to be adapted to a lot more MMO's.

Basically you can become a sidekick of a higher level, make you 1 level below them and it boosts your current power to the appropriate level. You dont get any more powers then you would have at your normal low level, but it just amplifies them so that they are in line with your higher level friend. That way you can tag along with some high level friends and actually contribute to the group and not have to grind out levels on your own until you catch up.

11. nofriends

nofriends OT Supporter

WoW can also fit that bill pretty well.

As long as you roll on a PvE server, there is no open PvP and you dont have to worry about ganking.

All classes can solo and with the ease of PvP "games" you can still gear up very nicely once you reach the max level of 70 without having to raid constantly.

12. Boogieman117

Boogieman117 PSN: Boogieman117

:werd:

13. Musouka

Musouka New Member

Woah lots of recommendations. :eek3: I guess I'll try out some of the trials for these games and see which I like the best.

14. Aladdin Sane

Aladdin Sane Guest

I may sell my AoC account if you are interested.

15. Aladdin Sane

Aladdin Sane Guest

but yea Guild Wars is the most casual friendly (mmo)rpg ever made

16. daft punk

daft punk New Member

FFXI has pretty much molded into what you described :eek4:

17. gourmizz

gourmizz New Member

im loving age of conan right now

18. Aladdin Sane

Aladdin Sane Guest

server? I may have a present for you if you are on the one I am on, I bought some gold online.

19. onyxium

onyxium New Member

Soloing is a viable option for getting to 70 now? If you're not a BST? I knew subbing DNC would make that significantly easier but I hadn't heard it actually made solo leveling worthwhile.

20. LS1S13

LS1S13 New Member

aoc sucks

21. Headphonez

Headphonez New Member

22. Trina

Trina New Member

I play LOTRO, just signed up recently for the lifetime membership....lovely game, tons of fun and tons of things to do.

23. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

It's an old game, but Anarchy Online. I like getting into older MMOs just because the game has been developed so much and there's a lot to do.

Can get on and solo easy. Also easy to find groups for certain activities or dungeons. Orgs are easy to join and helps with the grouping as well. Lots of alts.

PvP is limited to different areas but there are PvP areas limited to certain level ranges (Battlestations).

Free to play the basic game as well. The expansions open up sooo much though that if you play, like the game play, then the expansions are well worth it. Opens up the perk lines, many new playfields, the battlestations, weapons/armors, research, etc. Gives you many viable things to do instead of some games where you're stuck leveling in one area and if you go somewhere else for a change of feel, then you're not getting good exp or loot. I can go do Missions, then if I get board go fight some aliens, or go to a battlestation for some pvp action, all of which give you something valuable (Victory points, alien exp).

24. cRaZe

cRaZe 3rd world slummin

Star wars galaxies. Good for soloing :mamoru:

25. Vistrix

Vistrix So Say We All