LGBT I need your opinion...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Wyatt, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Wyatt

Wyatt Guest

Recently I've been thinking whether it is possible for a male to claim that he is heterosexual, yet, from to time, he has sex with another male, for whatever reason.

I'm not sure how many share my belief, but I believe that any sexual preference has a constant or "fixed" interpretation or idea. This means that if you truly claim to be heterosexual, then you should be doing what heterosexuality demands of you. Since "hetero" arrives from the Greek term "heteros" and means different, that means you should be doing everything possible with the opposite gender. Once you stray away and get involved with your own gender, then we come to a point where the term heterosexual does not apply to you anymore.

I apply this same principle to homosexuality. If you claim to be homosexual and sleep with women on ocassion, then hunny bun, you better re-check your gayness.

No matter how much I think, I just don't see a straight guy telling another guy "hey dude, suck my dick."

So, am I right, wrong, or am I thiking too much about something that should be left between two individuals?

2. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

The physical acts you perform have no effect on your sexual orientation. Sucking a guy doesn't make you gay, fucking a girl doesn't make you straight.

Sexual identity is mental, not physical.

3. XPX

XPX New Member

As I see it our sexuality can vary from person to person and is never perfectly defined, unless you are a robot with no feelings...as Wolf says, it's a state of mind. There are two ends and inifinite possibilities in the middle:

Heterosexual-----------------------Bisexual------------------------Homosexual

Where do you fall in this ruler?
    It's up to you and only you :)

4. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

bisexual ftw

5. coma

coma New Member

It's funny, really, because a 100% homogay person like myself, I would have sex w/a woman, that is I don't rule it out or recoil in horror at the thought of it, but ask a str8 guy if he would have gay sex, and the answer is invariably "hell no fuck off!"

6. XPX

XPX New Member

maybe

twice the possibilities
    twice the fun

but

twice the issues

7. Wyatt

Wyatt Guest

This makes no sense whatsoever. Let's assume that a male has had sex with a female his entire life, but his love and his compassion was for another male.

You're telling me that he is still homosexual because his mentality was with a male, and not a female? This is one hell of an argument you're making, if I understood you correctly.

You are ignoring a vital, if not the most important, part of any relationship and simply dismissing it. It seems much more logical to correlate your sexual acts with your sexuality. Someone just don't suck pussy or dick because they thought of it at one moment. They do it because they are attracted to it or need it.

As wrong as you may be in my opinion, thank you for sharing what you have to say.

8. OneLifeOneLove

OneLifeOneLove If You Ain't Outta Control, You Ain't In Control.

i still don't understand why we need to label ourself.. gay.. les.. bi.. two straight guy tackling each other on a football field doesnt mean their gay (or are they?) two straight girl kissing and touchin each other at a night club doesn't make them a lesbian (or are THEY?). ::yawn::

9. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

I would use the label 'bi-sexual'.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2006
  10. Wyatt

Wyatt Guest

Two people talking to each other is FAR DIFFERENT than those two people having sex.;)

Since sexual preference does exist, I feel it is very important to label oneself. If you do not, who are you or rather WHAT are you? Individuals already label themselves with nationality, religion, gender, race etc...why not label yourself on you who prefer to have sex with?

11. Wyatt

Wyatt Guest

That's what I was thinking too. Either you have sex with one gender in your life, or you are bisexual.

Those people that claim to be gay/straight yet sleep with the gender that invalidates their claim have big problems.

12. XPX

XPX New Member

what you do in bed (or during masturbation) really defines your sexuality, if two girls get aroused and make out...they are likely to have some lesbian in them.

13. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

Yes. Exactly. And there are thousands of people living like this right now. The neighbor dad in American Beauty is a perfect example of the sort.

Fucking a woman doesn't make a gay guy straight, fucking a man doesn't make a straight guy gay. Your emotional and sexual attractions don't change.

14. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

Well, from a Queer Theorist's perspective, Wolf is very correct. Ideally, anyone can physically have sex with anyone. No matter what str8 guys like to believe/state publicly, I can both get them hard and make them cum--usually far better than a female.

But your sexual identity is formed by who you are emotionally attracted to. And that is why str8 males can physically have sexual activity with queer men and still consider themselves str8. But the catch 22 in this is that usually, men eventually fall for the person who gives them the best orgasm. At some point, these str8 guys cross the line and are no-longer str8. And that is why I currently have two str8 guys ringing my cell off the hook...

15. CoCo

...it depends. What is he sexually fixating on? You talking about the act, or the act? And there is the whole option of bisexuality.

16. ManyHamsters

ManyHamsters There are necessary pursuits... but poetry, beauty

:eek3:

17. CoCo

...have you spoken with him about it? And if he is, how do you feel about that??

18. CoCo

...have you said all of that to him?

EDIT: There is a half naked muscular Ghanaian walking around my office; I'm a bit distracted...:o

19. CoCo

...he said he was hot. I said, "so I can see :naughty: "

(Nudity is so different here.)

20. toeshoes

toeshoes Guest

:naughty: :drool:

21. ManyHamsters

ManyHamsters There are necessary pursuits... but poetry, beauty

You are in Ghana?

I need to catch up on things :hsugh:.

22. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

check out his MySpace ;)

23. CoCo

Yes. I was supposed to come back to the States on the 17th, after a quick meeting in London. But I ended up switching itineraries with an associate, and so now I'm here till Aug 30th, and then off to the states for two weeks before heading back to Ghana.

24. CoCo

:mamoru: It's true. CoCo Updates @MySpace ftw...

25. CoCo

I say go with it. Men are interesting creatures, often at conflicts when it comes to pleasure and masculine ego. If it makes him feel good, go with it. Don't think too hard on the assumed implications... Str8 men have enough issues with that as it is. He says he loves you, accept that. That is, until actions say otherwise.