LGBT I need your opinion(HIV related)

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by McSalv, Apr 5, 2008.

1. McSalv

McSalv New Member

Hi, I'd really like to know what are the chances/likelihood that my friend got HIV[even though I know only the test results should be taken in consideration but I'm really worried about him and I can't find the words to say, he's really scared and tried to cut his wrist 2 weeks ago]; first of all, pardon my English but my first language is Spanish and I'm still learning English.

Here's what happened:

Almost 2 months ago a friend (20 years old guy) of mine had anal sex [one single time]with a man, my friend was the receiver-bottom? (sp?) they did use protection but after some time they noticed that the condom broke, the guy hadn't ejaculated yet but my friend does not know how much time they have been having sex until they noticed what had happened to the condom. My friend told me that even when the guy didn't ejaculate, my friend did bleed while they were having sex, so preseminal fluids(sp?) might have contact with his blood. They stopped the intercourse after this and my friend took a shower.2 Weeks later my friend found out that this guy is HIV+. [​IMG]

I told him to wait 3 months in order to get tested but he's losing his mind with the idea of being infected, he already tried to cut his wrist, and I'm really worried, please, I'd really appreciate if anyone could guide me in order to help my friend. Thanks in advance.

2. elevator

elevator The tenants think it's wonderful! ヽ(´ OT Supporter

Tell him you will be there for him through all of it.

3. Ivan

Ivan New Member

The only thing I really can say is that you should show your support to him at all times. Tell him to call you whenever he needs to vent off, at any time, no matter how late or how early.

Insist that he should wait for the test results, nothing is for sure yet, even if the other guy is HIV+.

Cutting his wrists may just be a way to mentally escape from the situation, or a way to punish himself. I wish I knew how to make him stop doing this at once... But I can't help there.

By the way, Spanish is also my first language... And your English is not bad at all. If you need to talk I'm here.

4. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

...yes, there is a cocktail that can be taken when high risk of transmission has occurred, however I'm sure its chances of effectiveness drops to 0% two months l8tr.

I would advise getting an HIV test now --and if negative, again in 3-6 months.

Tell your friend that it is premature to worrying now.

5. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

...exactly.

6. McSalv

McSalv New Member

Thank you guys for taking your time to reply. I've been supporting him ever since he first told me, but right now it's becoming really hard to do so since we recently started talking about the possibility to have a relationship with him but then he goes through this (one night stand) everything fell apart, he does not want to give me hope when he could be infected, he does not want to be a risk for me, it's the first time I really tried to have a relationship with (I'm 24 and I've never dated, kissed, I'm still virgin) and I can't be his friend when I wanted something else, but this situation changed everything.

I do support him, a lot! I call him everyday, I see him everytime I can, I give him presents, I cheer him up 24/7 but I'm not okay because I have a problem, Death it's something I'm scared of since I was a kid and I know he won't die, but it's affecting my mental health, I cried like crazy the night he woke me up at 4am telling me that he had cut his wrist and he was bleeding badly, I felt so so bad, thankfully that day another of his friend took him to the hospital and he got his cut taken care of.

So, with all this it's like I'm carrying his problems like they were mine and my stability has shaken lately, I don't know how I have put it together this far, I know it must be really hard for him this "windows" phase/wait but it's hard for me too because I'm mixing my feelings...I really want/hope that everything goes fine with his health. I really do but I'm not feeling okay either.

Next week I'm gonna start therapy, I'm gonna start solving my problems in order to be able to help him because I really really don't know what I'm gonna do if his results are positive. I'm scared and emotionally unstable, that's why I'm trying to research what are the chances, to have still some hope, that everything will be alright.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2008
  7. McSalv

McSalv New Member

I've read about it, but he found out through a friend that this person is VIH+ 2 weeks later, and that option only works between the 24 and 72 hours after the accident. =/