SRS I need your help OT - what should I do?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JakobwithaK, Jul 23, 2008.

1. JakobwithaK

JakobwithaK Titty fuck for the win!

Im worried to say the least, I dont want to get in trouble. :wtc:

Long story but I'll sum it up as briefly as I can. I was at Staples this morning to buy ink carts for my brothers printer - total was $64. 20mins after I leave, he calls me to not worry about it and that he got it since he was near a Staples. So Im like cool, ill just refund this set. Well here is where everything went downhill :greddy:

I go in (same cashier), say that I wanted to refund it because my brother already picked a set up. She's like ok. The package wasnt opened, and shes starting to tamper with it and open it. Im like wtf? This is brand new :ugh: Shes like "ya I believe you..." Im thinking "uhh and yet youre opening it?" :rolleyes:

So she opens it and pulls the two ink carts out - and ironically both packages were opened. What are the fuckin odds of that happening huh? Someone obviously had bought that previously, put their old empty carts in and returned it - and the store put it right back on the shelf. So now here I am, looking like I am the one pulling the stunt. :rolleyes:

I was so shocked in disbelief, I was speechless, I didnt know what to say. I mean seriously, what are the odds of the package being opened previously just when I happen to want to refund it. Im certain they didnt believe what I was saying. And obviously I couldnt get my money back, but they exchanged the empty carts for a new set and I walked out. They made me open the new set in the store first. But I was a bit nervouse walking out those doors because I just felt very uneasy - as I saw the cashiers and workers talking in the back about what had happened.

What should I do? Do you think they will do something? I dont want the cops coming to my door. How can I prove that I didnt do it? Its literally impossible for me to. But really, I want to refund something that just happens to be opened by the previous buyer - and I look like a thief :wtc:

And want to know the worst part? The first time I walked in this morning, I had to ship something via Purolator - so if they wanted to get my name and info...whoula its right there on the parcel receipt.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!

I obviously will NOT be returning to that store again.

2. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

That's kinda a tough spot to be in. Reminds me of a story that ran a few years ago where a family bought a $1500 digital camera, box sealed. They get home and instead of a camera being in the box, they got a jar of spaghetti sauce :eek5: They got into an argument with the store (it was either CC or BB) and I never did follow up to see if they ever got a refund or not :dunno:

3. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

Just like you cannot prove that you didn't put the used cartridges in there, they cannot prove that you did. It's basically 'he said, she said'. Just my .02

4. Bacardi 151

Bacardi 151 New Member

Something similar happened to me.

I got a brand new digital camera from comp USA, took it home, and the box was fucken empty. :ugh:

My parents (this was when I still lived with them) argued with the store for hours about it. I finally ended up getting my camera but wtf.