I need you guys to tell me if im wrong or right...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by shadowoperative, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadowoperative

shadowoperative Rawest asian alive, so raw they call me sashimi.

First off I did some looking around on here and other forums and sites about proper ways to workout and how you should try to spread different muscle parts and groups apart. So here is my current set up throughout a four day period.

Chest and triceps
    Legs
    Shoulders
    Biceps and back
    Abs every day but im fat so I don't really push it.

I run 12 mins before and then have a nice jog after the workout.

Now my buddies tell me that this system is dumb and full body workouts daily will help. Now I'm not sure but i tried that once and i didn't feel like going to the gym the second day cause i was tired/sore so i told them that it really doesn't help if you wanna have energy to go the next day. Am I wrong? Reminder I have no pro knowledge of what I am doing.

2. romostud22

romostud22 New Member

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=937642

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=2920566

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=3194630

I'm not super knowledgeable on this stuff. In fact, I ask quite a few questions. But in reading the stickies and online in other places i found that it is better to isolate your body parts instead of doing whole body training especially if you're just starting out and getting into it? What i would do, I would read the stickies and kinda do a scaled down version of that until you can handle everything in there. That's what I'm doing. :)

3. NUDES

NUDES New Member

what are your buddies background in lifting? like how long, how big are they, how strong,e tc..

4. shadowoperative

They started with me, but they used to play football in highschool and lifted like crazy. But im not trying to build just mass Im looking to Lose weight, tone and get definition but for a guy as heavy as me it'll take a while.

ones about as big as me, the other about 220-240 and the third skinnier than all of us. They all are pretty strong but I think they are just trying to prove themselve that they can lift ridiculous amounts of weight but end up doing it a like once or twice.

5. Alias

Alias OT Supporter

I tried full body workouts for a week or so and I really didn't feel like I had the time or energy to adequately hit each body part so I went back to a typical split.

6. grimstone

grimstone magic murda bag OT Supporter

no right or wrong answer you have to find something that will work for you. splits and full body both work

7. ulter

ulter AFBoard owner

As posted, there are several ways to get to the same place. Yours is one. Theirs is one. I like yours but you'll need to change it up at least every few months.
    Nice work BTW

8. shadowoperative

thanks but why do I need to change it up every few months?

9. Mr. Pelham

Mr. Pelham Guest

Full body workouts won't be as beneficial.

you have a good split there, its common to see push's together and pull's together. Although I like the compliment of push/pull together.

10. ulter

ulter AFBoard owner

Because your body will adapt to what you're doing and the growth will slow as it gets used to your routine. When you first start training it takes a couple weeks for your brain to know what it's doing, that's when you make ridiculous gains. Because it's not your muscles that are growing, it's your brain letting you move more and more weight. Then you hit a period where things slow to normal and you get closer to your true max lifts. After several weeks you need to change what you're doing so you can start the process all over again.
    That's the number one mistake people make. Not changing their routine.

11. maxbm

maxbm Guest

You're doing upper body work 3x per week and lower body only 1x per week??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.