SRS i need to write this down

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by pedram, Jan 18, 2006.

1. pedram

pedram Guest

ive been sober for almost 16 months.... in all that time i havnt had a serious craving to drink. but tonight i want to. im about to fail out of school, i sleep allday... i must be depressed again. ive been through worse shit in sobriety but for some reason tonight its just getting to me. if i drink tonight there is only one way for my life to go, down. i dont want to but im scared. scared what i will do. fuck this im so sick of it

2. def328

def328 New Member

Stay sober if you can. Go to meetings.

3. skillfull87

skillfull87 New Member

Well, how did it go? Did you drink or what?

4. pedram

pedram Guest

ya i drank.... im going to a meeting tonight, i hope this turns out for the best

5. Advan

Advan New Member

just out of curiousity what was your motive for drinking? and how does it feel to of wasted the last 16 months in one night? I think its awesome your going to the meeting but I dont understand how you can manage to control yourself so long and just ignore that little detail suddenly

6. pedram

pedram Guest

well honestly i dont know why i did it. im sure in time the answers will come. all i know right now is that i felt like shit because a bunch of shit went wrong at the same time, and i wasnt able to properly handle it, so i drank. i dont think i wasted 16months of my life. aa is truely a one day at a time program. and i was sober each one of those days. the fucked up thing now is that i have drank 3 days in a row. i did not go to the meeting tonight. i might go to one on saturday. i havnt made a decsion. i want to get sober again just not tnoight. well see what happens.

7. pedram

pedram Guest

holy christ thank god. i went to a meeting at 7:00 this morning. i walked there... probbably 2 miles it was hell but i did it. im still drunnk.... but im meeting my sober friend chris at 12:00... im going to ask him to be my sponser. i think im manic/bi polar... same thing rihgt? but something is wrong with me i dont know what... today is the day i get sober again. ill let u know what happens if anyone cares

8. Jadix

Jadix The Nice Guy

Ya I'd like to know. Send me a PM anytime you want to get something off your chest. I dont know if this will help you or not, but I just finished this book called "A Million Little Pieces" by James Frey. I recommend that you give it a shot, its a very powerful book. Its about a guy who was an alcoholic from 10-23 years of age, and a crackhead from 20-23 years of age. It's his story of the road to recovery.

9. pedram

pedram Guest

thanks, ya im actually reading that right now.

10. Advan

Advan New Member

this may sound stupid but have any of you heard of the three headed dragon theory to alchoholism?

to sum it up alchoholism has three parts The drinking, The thinking and the Emotion

basicly you need to realisticly stop all three of these parts to ensure recovery and to be honest I think its nearly impossible without the help of someone else

You need to understand that just stopping drinking is only a third of the battle at hand you should also take into consideration your thoughts on the issue, what is it that make you want to drink? And Emotionally aswell.. The problem with relapsing as such your left in a much worse off position than you were before.

I highly reccomend a video that is kinda goofy and kinda old but its really good. BY a company called FMS productions "Three-Headed Dragon" I reccomend you look into it I think it could have some impresssive results aswell as give you a great understanding of whats going on inside that mind of yours

11. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Basically Road To Recovery revolves around 12-step meetings. I know they work, several other people who post here know they work, and we don't need anything else.

This forum isn't really a place to talk about things such as: Dragon-theories, narcanon and/or scientology or rational recovery. It usually only stirs up more debate and requires me to delete more posts. I know your intention is good, but this is just the way things are.

12. Advan

Advan New Member

I undestand that and i appolohize for not understanding that.

But its not really a theory just a representation thats used in the video i listed call the Three headed dragon. Though I was never an alchoholic in my life thus far I do know three people that were and are, one of them just had a relapse. But the other two are over 4 years sober now and one of them is 16years sober. And they both learned quite a bit from the video infact it was my friends father who reccomended it to us to view for his 19year old son is suffering from depression and is an alchoholic. THe plan is to get his son aswell to watch the film because he has just began attending meetings this week.

13. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Cool, thanks for understanding.

14. Create

Create :free at last:

eligh, I want you to know that the theory stated above was presented in my outpatient program. I agree though: Keep the focus on the 12-step.

15. raikou

raikou New Member

magnum, that is the problem with addiction you want to control it but you can't you seem ok with everything else but the drinking or smoking or what ever you do to get high.
    The 12 step program is there to guide you so are meetings, it is the last place for some, they have fucked everthing thing else,
    like lied to family member stolen from them made total asses out of themselves under the influence of drugs or alcohol, when it gets bad there is nowhere else you can go.
    The rehabs are there for maybe 3 months after you complete the programs the shrinks still want to get paid when you talk to them and ask thier advice but in the end they are clueless unless they have been there themselves.
    That't where the 12 steps and aa or na meetings help they don't preach, they don't judge,they also don't take no shit, they will be there for years to come so in the end it really does take another drunk to help a drunk keep and stay sober. I know someone did it for me and I have been sober one day at a time since.
    I wish you well-Raikou

16. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Keep your south park nonsense out of here. You don't understand addiction, don't even try to post here. Read the rules.

17. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Cool, yeah I wasn't trying to be a dick. It's just a lot of people post nonsense with links or theories, and I get kind of tired of looking at just to find out it was invented by some psycho (scientology) or some nonsense. But it sounds like the theory you posted had some good information, and is supported by people like us, I'm sorry I didn't look into it.

18. wayne and zeus

wayne and zeus oh it will, won't it

"[SIZE=-1]Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path"

Bill W. one of the creators of the 12 steps was asked if he would have changed anything, any writings if given the chance.

He said, "I would have changed 'Rarley' to 'Never".
    [/SIZE]