I need to vent to fellow mac users

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by avenger, May 4, 2005.

1. avenger

avenger grammar and cereal nazi

Why do so many freaking "hardcore" anti-mac windows users copy the MacOS desktop to a fucking T, complete with dock and apple logo, but get all defensive and pussy hurt when you call them out...

:ugh:

2. turbo91

turbo91 New Member

*soapbox* Most of this post doesn't even reflect the thread topic, but I already wrote it up so fuck it. ;)

Because they don't get it. If I were you, I wouldn't sweat it. I've been PC-hardcore for 16 years...I picked up my first mac earlier this year, and I've totally converted. My water-cooled, overfanned, loud ass Windows box just runs Microsoft Money (I don't like Quicken) now. OS X isn't perfect, and I still struggle with some usability issues from the migration, but overall...I think Apple just "does it right."

Windows users don't feel at home unless their driver won't install and they haven't rebooted in a while. Let's not mention registry creep and the need to re-install every 2 months.

I will say that Windows puts the user "closer to the hardware," but I think this is a non-intuitive accidental side-effect from not designing their interface properly. I'm a computer geek, so it doesn't bother me -- but there are tens of millions of Windows users that suffer from this shit everyday and just don't understand how simple using a computer can and SHOULD be because they've never tried using a Mac.

OS X is the perfect blend of geek vs. "it just works." I can open a terminal and be happy in my Unix environment, or just enjoy the polished UI. People who don't care about Unix (or even know what it is) will never have to learn if they don't want to. Windows doesn't offer the user the option of not learning something they don't want to know (like driver installation, registry tweaking, hardware settings, etc) because they will HAVE to experience it at least once from owning the machine.

I will say that the Windows kernel is a fairly advanced creature capable of doing a lot. It's the shell they've wrapped around it that is utterly lacking. I don't expect Longhorn to fix much of that either.

Enjoy your computer knowing you won't suffer through nearly as many frustrating experiences as they will. While they are reinstalling (but it only takes 30 minutes!), you will be finishing your term paper, uploading your photos and perfecting that python script for CS class.

*/soapbox*

3. asiandoood

asiandoood New Member

hehehe...that is so true. a lot of pc owners i know all rave about the "aqua" theme they have on the desktop....and when i tell them to try using a mac...they go bashing my computer again :ugh2:

4. agent0068

agent0068 OT Supporter

it's almost like when you have somebody who is rabidly anti-homosexual but a closet case themselves. they put down every gay person they see and are just bigotted to excess...because they don't like the fact and can't accept that they themselves are one of them.

(this analogy isn't meant as a downer to homosexuals or mac users....i just thought it was the perfect analogy given how these people react when called out or when the topic of macs come up)

5. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

i think that is one of the funniest things. they hate macs, yet they'll download tons of stuff just to get their pc to look like it. when i used pc's i did it to then i just bought a powerbook and said f pc's

6. Icedog

Icedog New Member

:bowdown: Turbo91

7. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

i plan on making tiger look like windows 95 when I get it installed...

:mamoru:

8. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

in for penny pics.

...and :werd: to the previous posts.

9. urban ape

urban ape take that take that take that

them boys in that main forum got penis envy so bad its hilarious. all it boils down to is niggas either cant afford it, or havent used one for long enough to make a judgement. I have owned macs all my life, starting in 93-94 and bought my first windows box a year ago. I had to because my dads work wanted him to do some things at home and the software they use is winblows only, plus a couple of my courses at UH issue software that is xp compatible only. All i have to say is, ill take any apple machine over the "best" pc box 24//7/365. OS X straight up shits on windows so bad it gives me a headache when kids actually have the gusto to say they prefer windows.

but whatever, this is america and people can use bullshit if they wanna! :wiggle: