SRS I need to unleash my potential...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by jae, Dec 2, 2005.

1. jae

jae New Member

Deep inside my heart, I know that I am going to succeed in life and accomplish all my goals. But, at the same time, I feel like there's all this energy inside me that is not being put to use.

I feel as if I am not using myself to my full potential. It's very hard to explain. It's like, all this energy that I have to do good things with is not being put to use. I guess that right now, I just don't know how to use it.

I have only started to feel good about myself in the last couple years. Within the last couple years, I have set up a blueprint for my life and have set up numerous goals that I believe I can truly achieve. But, as of right now, I just don't know how to use my energy. Also, I think that sometimes I don't try hard enough with some things. For instance school. I definitely don't try hard enough in school, but I still get very, very good grades. Especially the last 4 semesters.

I don't even know what the point of this thread is. I guess I just wanted to say how I was feeling right now. I hope I can soon unleash all the power within me. But, wouldn't I then be reaching self actualization (of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs)?

Ugh. What a weird (yet good) concern/problem to have.

2. hostcord

hostcord New Member

Hi, when you go to bed at night...think of a project, one that you can start and be good at. I know that may sound lame, but brainstorm what you want at this point in your life other then to use your energy, and then use your energy for it. Example money, job, car, recognition...and just list some interests. I'm sure your smart enough to figure out something...

:)

3. GlassUser

GlassUser send an email not a pm OT Supporter

I know what you mean, man. I'm kind of the same way.

Is your father around much?

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

You should invest your energy into loving and helping other people, there are a bunch of people who could really use your help. And i know it sounds crazy but volenteer and help people out.

5. jae

jae New Member

Sorry I haven't replied to this thread :(

GlassUser, my father wasn't around too much when I was a kid. He was always working, and he still does. The last few years, we have grown very close due to us working side by side (he owns a successful Italian restaurant)

hostcord, I am always thinking of projects. For instance, I want to get a website up and running for our restaurant. That's just one project.

My main thing is expanding our one restaurant in the future to get at least one more location somewhere. My father and I have talked about it a couple times, and he loves the idea, but only after I finish college. But, that's where I question myself sometimes. Am I influential enough to people so they can take orders from me? Can I make a difference? Am I doing a good job? Those are questions I always ask myself, especially when working.

When my dad's not around, I'm the one that looks after the restaurant, I'm the one that makes sure things are done, I'm the one that is basically the guy in charge (when my dad is not working). At those times, I question my abilities. I believe I do the right thing most of the time. Sometimes, though, I wonder if I do a good job, and if I could handle another location? It's my dream to become a very successful restaurantuer, and that stems from my father. He has influenced me enough to do what he does, and I want to expand on what he's done in his life. He's already given me a head start, along with my brother. I don't think my brother is as interested in this business as I am, though.

I don't know. I wish sometimes that someone would tell me, "Hey, you're doing great. Keep it up. You have great things in store for you."

I believe I have a very innovative mind, with great ideas and thoughts. But, sometimes I'm not so sure on how to unleash these ideas.

By the way, some of my potential was seen this semester. I finished off with a 3.6, my best ever in college. I believe it should have been a 3.8, but that's okay.

I'm sure many other people are on the same boat as I am, and I'm sorry for making this post so long.

6. jae

jae New Member

That's a great idea, and I have thought about that before. I like putting a smile on a person's face, and letting them know "Hey, someone out there cares for you"

Maybe I can do some volunteering, I don't know. I will have to look into it. Being engaged, going to school, and working really has me tied up at times.

7. Mars Princess

Mars Princess They hatin'

LEt time run it's course. It sounds like you have had a good foundation in developing your family ties, your skills, your abilities, and your work ethic. If grades come easy to you without you trying, don't see this as bad. See it as a sign that you would do better applying your energies to something else. The fact you constantly have ideas and have confidence in those ideas will carry you very far. It is different from arrogance that just ASSUMES ability and commands respect. You prove that you are worth the respect given. Just hang in there

IT sounds like you have a nice life waiting for you :)

8. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

You ARE doing great. Keep it up. You have great things in store for you. But you lack love and support for yourself , its a sort of fear for failing, but you know failing isn't what is the important glitch is for you, because you have a lot of talent.

What you have to do is to stand up for yourself and say ' I support myself no matter what happens' You know your constantly seeking confirmation from the outside world , which would be ineccessary if you started love and support yourself!

You are insecure of yourself thinking something like 'i will always walk into the shadow of my father' while you should say to yourself something like ' he who is afraid of failing/dying, might as wel be afraid of his own shadow. Just go for the Gold in your life, oh and if something fails ,as long as you give yourself another chance then what's the big deal? What seperates a winner from a loser , is that a winner believes in himself. Have faith Jae, and convince yourself that you are going into the right direction in life by replacing insecurities with blind faith in yourself.

9. teo

teo . => ? => !

Every successful leader questions themself about whether they're doing the right thing and whether it could be done better every single day. To not do so is to get comfortable with the status quo and start assuming, which is pretty much the worst thing you can do. It sounds like you have the cognitive capacity to lead (/tenaciousD :mamoru:, haha, sorry!) so keep up the good work. You have a goal, now plan out the steps you're going to take to get there. Nothing is out of reach.