SRS I need to talk to an addict online

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Metal, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Metal

Metal Active Member

Hey all :wavey:

Just as the thread title says, I need to talk one-on-one to an addict online. I am 92 days sober from alcohol now and I want to obviously keep it that way. There are a lot of things going on in my life right now that could possible jeopardize that..

Oh and I have a good reason for needing to talk to other addicts online because I am on medical house arrest because of a medical condition that I have at the moment which prevents me from going to face 2 face meetings so I am misssing a very important part of sobriety. If you have read some of my other posts in here you probably already know that anyway. :o

Anyone that has had to deal with the diseases of adddiction, drug addiction, or alcoholism before should be able to know what I am talking about.. it is just hard for me to post it all in a thread and may be easier to talk about over an Instant Messenger type or Voice chat type of conversation on another program.

I am aware of the Addict contact list but I do not know who is online and when so if anyone that is willing to talk about working on helping me keep my sobriety as well as dealing with a drug problem that has kind of snuck up on me (now threatening my sobriety) I would love to talk to you.

If you could, please send me a PM on here with a good time or day for you to chat on another program... I have AIM, MSN, Yahoo, etc.. I just dont want to post all that info in the thread, so a PM or email from an OT addict would be best

Thanks!
    -Craig
    :x:

EDIT: OLD Post in June 2006.. Today is September 26th, 2006 - still Sober thanks to the fellowship of AA and the people I have met on the Recovery highway not only in this forum and on OT but through other sites on the Internet.. Thanks All! Now since June my life has just continued to get better.. I'm now Moderator in R2R and it feels great to give back to a place that gave me so much strength and hope when I needed it most - I needed people Online more than ever when I was just out of the Hospital because I wasn't allowed to leave my house due to medical problems, so it helped coming on here and sharing thoughts, feelings, and day-to-day struggles while being sober instead of having to take a Drink or Drug to blind myself from them.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2006
  2. Metal

Metal Active Member

No takers :(

3. Metal

Metal Active Member

Advice for online meetings?

EDIT: http://stepchat.com/chat/room1.htm

Open Alcoholism Chat Rooms
    New users need to register but it's a pretty active room and it seems to be what I was looking for, probably the closest I'll get to a meeting until I make it out of the house to a face-2-face one.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2006
  4. Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic New Member

Nice find.:bigthumb:

I'll help if I can. You have my contact info.
    -Bob

5. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Remember most cities have a hotline number. Look in the business section of your phone book for Alcoholics Anonymous and/or Intergroup Offices.

EDIT: Also...AA has a monthly magazine called The Grapevine. I've subscribed to it for years...it can be a life saver!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2006
  6. Metal

Metal Active Member

Gotcha Bob, check your PM's.

7. Metal

Metal Active Member

We have an intergroup office and local addiction office hotline but they will just hook you up with meeting times for the next day and ours isn't staffed at the late night hours because there aren't volunteers working at those hours.. plus i'd like to leave those lines open for others that dont have Internet access like me - where I can find people to talk to on here, such as Bob and some other members sending me their info - thanks again for that guys!! Let me know when a good time to chat is though, I want it to be at your convenience..

I have a grapevine subscription as well...it works sometimes but it doesnt work when you really need a person to talk to, unless the magazine has a built in voice now? :mamoru:

8. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

9. J

J Active Member

PM me in a month or so. i think i'm going down that road :hs:

10. OneRM

OneRM New Member

still need someone to talk to?

11. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

shoot me a PM too, or my AIM is in my profile

12. Metal

Metal Active Member

Thanks everyone that posted in here offering their help... I will get in touch with each of you eventually; however I've been busy with the Face-to-Face AA Meetings, My new Sponsor, and Staying Sober ODAAT (One Day At A Time)... I will be chatting with everyone soon; It never hurts for one addict or alcoholic to talk to another addict or alcoholic.. it only helps in achieving our Primary purpose... To stay sober and to help other alcoholics/addicts to achieve sobriety!! Will contact everyone soon and I aplogize that my REPLY's have taken so long to get to you.

13. Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic New Member

Glad to hear, I was hoping you were OK. Contact me anytime, PM me if you lost my numbers. :bigthumb:

14. wayne and zeus

wayne and zeus oh it will, won't it

15. Metal

Metal Active Member

Thanks Man... This post was back in June when I really needed someone to talk to online as I was under house arrest by Doctor's orders when I had my flesh eating bacteria experience and went straight from 45 days in the hospital to a few months of being alone at my house.. Now I'm back on my feet, out in public, continuing my college education and staying straight on my career path with quick temp jobs here and there when I get the chance between classes and AA Meetings - AA Comes first to me, always. If you ever need to chat, feel free to PM me - all my info is in my profile except my gmail - PM me for that if you want it, I never tried Gmail chat; haven't found many others that use it I guess... had a long time away from teh Internet when I was sick. :bigthumb:

16. Diesel Freak

Diesel Freak ♂♂ Closet Crew OT Supporter

I'm glad you made it through that rough spot where you were quarantined in your house. I can only imaging what that must've been like. Feel free to IM me any time. I'm on at all hours of the day and night. If I'm online, just drop me a line... I'm always up for chatting. My contact info is in the sticky thread as well as my profile.

17. Metal

Metal Active Member

Thanks Bro! :bigthumb: