SRS I need to know how to help a loved one

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by surfer doll, Nov 18, 2005.

1. surfer doll

surfer doll What the hell are you waiting for

My mother is going through alot of hard times right now, she can't sleep nor eat. She's having anxiety and panic attacks. She has slept 6 hours in the past five days. I don't know if it's the lack of sleep, but she now is delusional. She talks about Armageddon as if it were happening now. She said I'm going to die if I don't pray to god, and start going back to church. She doesn't recognize me nor my sister sometimes. She refuses to be alone, if we're in another room she screams for us. She said if she falls asleep her heart will stop. Then she started saying she hears guys voices in her head.
    She's hysterical constantly. My sister and I thought it was the best idea to admit her into a institution, but in order for that she has to say she will harm herself or someone else. We can't forcefully do it. She honestly thinks nothing is wrong with her. I called and made an appointment today for her to see a councilor, and she threw a tantrum fit as if she were five years old. I know that it's all physiological, and that it's a chemical imbalance. (she has stop taking all medication prescribed for this) So how can you help someone that doesn't think they need help? I seriously don't know what to do, I feel helpless. Has anyone here gone through this before personally, or had a loved one go threw this?

2. Holiday

Holiday Switching to Runlevel 0

She needs professional help immediately. Do you have any idea what may have caused her to be like this?

3. GlassUser

GlassUser send an email not a pm OT Supporter

Pretty much. But I bet some ambien in her next drink will put her asleep and she'll feel a LOT better when she wakes up.