I need to format, and have a few questions.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Turkey_Sub, May 30, 2004.

1. Turkey_Sub

Turkey_Sub New Member

Well I have alot of files that I need to save. About 2.5 Gigs in total. I dont have a dvd rw so I am not sure how to go about saving these files so I can use them later.

Also I feel like such a noob, but can someone tell me how to format. I have never done it before. I dont have my XP disks anymore.

Thank you very much

2. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

Do you have a CD burner? You can still back up that way...unless any one files is more than 700megs, then you'll have to use something like WinRAR to either hopefully compress it small enough to fit or compress and split it.

If you don't have your XP disk any more, what are you going to use for an OS after you've reformatted?

3. Intuit

Intuit Guest

If you still have the CD-Key (some OEM computers have them attached to the PC on a small label), you could try using someone else's copy of XP Home, but using YOUR installation key instead of theirs. However, that key may be tailored for OEM O/S packages and refuse to work for retail packages of XP Home. May be worth a try if someone here doesn't confirm.

(I doubt it will work though. :()