I need to do alot of cardio, but I want to gain mass.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by The Militant, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Militant

The Militant THE FUTURE

I'm in the army and my push ups and sit ups are easy to max out but keeping my 2 mile run under 13 minutes requires that I stay on top of my cardio just as much as I lift.

I don't have much of any kind of diet right now aside from not eating alot of fast food, soda, or candy snacks.
    My gym routine is pretty simple I do two muscle groups a day 4-5 days a week. To condition myself to a shitty army where I have to keep going environment I do push ups, sit ups, or something in between every set then continue my next set. I feel like im getting bigger and stronger but ever since I've become dedicated to hitting the gym ive lost alot of weight.

I was bouncing around 160lbs for the majority of the last 10 months and now im at 145. How can I gain this back but as leaner muscle mass without losing my run time and stamina? I'm assuming fighters do it all the time, but how?

2. woot

woot wo

I used to jog 2-4 miles at a time until my knees started to give out. Now I just do 10x100m sprints on a track or field. My 1.5 mile time has dropped 15 secs. Easier on my knees too.

3. RollinDollos

RollinDollos Guest

For the weight you're at it really isn't going to matter. Your biggest concern should be getting a steady diet aiming for about 160g protein a day. Keep the cardio the same, get your diet in check and you will see the results you are looking for.

4. The Militant

The Militant THE FUTURE

sounds good ill read up on some good diet plans, and maybe get an organized workout. see how my cardio effects it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.