I need tips for hitting on a bar maid.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Zebraman, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Zebraman

Zebraman New Member

It'll be karaoke, so I think i'll start off with a "how do you handle these idiots?" or something...

I went last night to watch the hockey game with some buddies, and so we've already introduced ourselves. I just want to take a step forward, but I don't know how. I've never successfully hit on a girl. I'd rather not fuck this up.

2. Got_Milf?

Got_Milf? Custom User Title:

as a former server at a bar, even if you try your hardest, she'll still blow you off at least teh first time.
    show her youre REALLY interested in her by going back nights you know shes working, but not in a stalking sort of way lol.

3. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

What do you do, ask her when she's working, and then show up on those nights? How do you do that in a non-stalkerish way? :rofl:

4. Her: You've been here a lot recently.
    Goatsnake: I'm Stalking You.

:rofl:

5. mrchina

mrchina Guest

If you've already talked to her once.... "Come to ________ with me on _________, it'll be a good time" should do you fine.

6. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

:rofl:

7. Danb13

Danb13 Real life is so boring and stupid

go one night, talk to her, ask her if she wants to get coffee after shes off that night

8. lauren

lauren Active Member

its only stalkerish if the girl doesnt like you. :mamoru:

if shes working tues, she probably works most tuesdays. just ask her?

9. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Because getting coffee at 1am is normal....

10. Darth Mauled

Darth Mauled New Member

ROFL you know that would actually work if she did bring that up... it would be a comic relief which is always good, girls love the people who make em laugh... but then after that drop the stalking...

11. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

Who took the stars out of the skys and put them in your eyes.

You: Knock Knock

Her: Who's Where

You: In your pants

Her:...in your pants who?

You: What?

Works every time, I swear.

12. Zebraman

Zebraman New Member

well, i asked her if she was working tonight, she said yes. She knows... I'll show up, see how she reacts... I'm pretty good with people, so I'll know if she just wants the money or if she wants somethin' else.

13. P7

P7 You have something on your tongue, let me get that

Tip: She's been hit on 37 times before you got there that night, and another 23 after you left. That's 60. Multiply that by, lets say 4 nights. She gets hit on 240 times a week.

Not trying to be a dick or get your hopes up, but barstaff get hit on constantly. You've never successfully hit on a girl, so you're probably not going to get far. I learned by hitting on uly chicks way below my level. That allowed me to be in my comfort zone during the conversation and gave me a much needed ego boost since I did well. I applied my learnings with hotter and hotter girls and voila. Try that with a few girls at the bar and let her see. After a couple weeks if you're still interested go back to her and try it out. She will have already seen that you aren't shallow and you'll be a much better conversationalist than the nervous, stumbling goon you are now.

14. Gregsaidthat

Gregsaidthat "Individuality is the new conformity"

It all depends what city you live in.

15. razi

razi New Member

go for ice cream then. gotta be different than every other (drunk) chump that rolls through there.

16. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

Opening with a rapport builder is a bad idea and is the most common mistake a guy can make.

1. Attraction
    2. Rapport
    3. Sexual Escalation

17. P7

Jesus, you people need to lay off the books:ugh:

18. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I'm more saying I know bartenders. And at the end of the night no matter how much they like a person they don't want to go "get coffee" at midnight/later because they are porobably already tired and in work clothes.

His best bet is to ask for her number and say he will call her to set up some date on her day off.

19. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

He could describe it in colloquial terms - which, in fact, I usually try to do in order to avoid criticisms like this - and then it would be "sensible-sounding advice" instead of "formulas from a pickup artist book."

But it doesn't really change the meaning at all does it?

20. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

. and forget the other part ;)

Also in order to get to the point of asking for her number you had damn well better be different and memorable compared to the hundreds of other drunk guys who hit on her on a weekly basis. How do you do that? I dunno, you figure it out.

21. P7

You know what, I just tried to think of a time when I specifically did things out of that order to counter, but every successful encounter I've had has followed that general order, with the exception of skipping rapport with drunk chicks. I've just learned to do step one with body language so it seems like it never happened. You're right, I'm wrong. It just sounds so stupid worded like that:hsd:

22. lauren

lauren Active Member

you could just call the bar, and ask if shes working that night and then show up. :hsugh:

23. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Yeah, it does. That's why I try to avoid using "industry standard" terms, cause it makes people's eyes glaze over and they tune out (even though I don't really study the ASF type material much anyway, there's too much garbage and confusion mixed in with the sound advice)

24. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Also I have to say that
    kinda makes me want to point out that this guy is pondering how to fly a Boeing 747 without first mastering the Cessna 172... if you know what I mean. Best of luck and all, but talk about a steep learning curve.

25. Zebraman

Zebraman New Member

i ordered a beer which she likes and suggested to my other friends, I picked a song she liked on the jukebox, and left her a nice tip? i was also singing some of the songs and happened to have sung right when she came, my eyes were closed, so when I opened them, she said "nice...".

She wasn't working tonight, I went in too late, I just wanted to catch some snipits of the hockey game. I'm going there again for the thursday game, so maybe she'll be there, If so i guess i'll ask for her number.