i need some waxing and polishing help

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by operationrob, Jan 30, 2006.

1. operationrob

operationrob OT Supporter

alright, i just got a 1993 thunderbird LX that has been sitting for quite a bit. today i polished it with Rain Dance liquid wax, and used the abrasive wax to get some scratches and scuff marks out. it looks a little more shiny than it did before, but i want it to look really good. any advice on what to use, and what can i pick up locally (ie. walmart, autozone, etc) so i dont have to order it online, and stuff that is relatively cheap.

heres a befoe pic
    [​IMG]

no after pic. because i was too lazy. and no 4x4 much :squint: the ass is just hanging off the edge so it looks higher.

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Too lazy to read the stickies? :mamoru:

Pretty much everything you want to know is in them.

3. operationrob

yes, i read them, but i want to know of stuff that i can buy locally and that is relatively cheap. stickies give websites.

4. operationrob

alright, i am thinknig about using Meguiar`s Scratch X-Tube, and then probably some vanilla moose or something, and then a carnauba wax, or some S100 stuff that my dad has. do you think that will do the trick to make everything look better?

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Really, there is no way to know just what it will take to give the best shine to your car from just a picture.

I wouldn't use ScratchX on the whole car, Meguiars #9 is better suited for it and is also available at most parts stores. Follow with Vanilla Moose and Carnauba Moose or you can use S100, but it only lasts 6-8 weeks, maybe a bit less given your location (winter weather, acid rain, etc).

6. operationrob

alright, thanks. i'll give it a try. the car should be garaged until about april so it wont be in the snow much.