I need some tough wax

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Pussysmith, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Pussysmith

Pussysmith Banned

I just put on a coat of S100 cleaner and then S100 wax but I won't be able to wax again for another year. So I want a wax that will stick around for that long. What do I use? I want this third coat to be tough. I was thinking Liquid Glass in the metal can but I am not sure. What else can I use that will be tough as nails, its going on an SUV that gets driven in some shitty situations, not really scrubed against much but driven in bad salt, grime, mud, and dusty gravel.

2. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

You did it backwards.

You start witht he most durable product then move to the lesser waxes and sealents. S100 would probibly be the last product i would use on the paints surface.

If you put somthing with a high evaporation rate like S100 as the base coat, the heavy duty sealent you put over it will just fall off as the S100 disappears.

You start with a good tough polymer sealent, then top with carnaubas for beautification, and enhancment of look.

Im sure someone will probibly say Werkstatt, or Optiseal.

3. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

i'm gonna guess some collinite. i hear the insulator wax is real tough.

4. NYM3

NYM3 Is this teal life or is it....fanta-sea?

how come you can only do it once a year?

5. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

i highly doubt any wax or sealant will last a year. a lot of sealants will claim it will last for 12 months+ but thats bologni! its nothing but a very thin layer of wax, how could it withstand all the rain, wind, and sun? its only wax man. i know some bad paint jobs that even fails after a year. some dealerships will try and sell you a $1000+ sealant package that supposely will last either a few years or a lifetime but even the detail manager said thats BS and its just regular sealant they put on. the toughest layer will be another layer of clearcoat. but if you really want to give a try.. klasse glaze sealant claims it will protect for a year.. not too expensive and does seem to last 2-3 months. why not wax your car every 3 or so months? its not as hard as it seems especially with all these easy to use waxes these days.

6. Pussysmith

Pussysmith Banned

Well then what I will do is wait about another month and in July I will give my car some Klasse with some all in one and the other one that came in the kit I have.

7. NYM3

what do you have?

take off what you have and put down a good sealant...not just AIO :hs:

8. Run N. Gun

Run N. Gun Active Member

Help us understand your problem better, so the solution can be tailored. Why does the paint protection have to last a year? If you already have products now, please list them so we can save you from buying a similar product that you already have.

Thx

9. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

s100 cleaner, all in one, klasse sealant, then whatever makes like a wise idea. you could get a spray wax and just do that every few weeks to keep it fresh.. very easy to use as you can wax a car in 10 minutes.. spray and wipe, thats it!

10. Pussysmith

Pussysmith Banned

Well the thing is that I will be away from any waxing tools, or an area to wax my car for about a year because of school. I own S100 cleaner, S100 wax, AIO and its Glaze, turtle wax and some liquid glass. I want my next coat of wax to last the year. S100 is great but lasts only about 3 good months then you have to go at it again. So knowing whats on the car now I want to add something tougher. Now I could wait a month or so before redoing the process with better stuff but I need to know what to do to make it last about a year.

11. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

Collinite 845IW is quite durable. It is what I use for my "winter" wax/sealant.

12. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Why can't you bring a jar or bottle of wax with you to school?

13. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

dude seriously, you have a break almost every month. quit being ridiculous.

14. NYM3

[​IMG]
    :mamoru:

15. Pussysmith

Pussysmith Banned

I understand the break thing, this is not undergrad that I am doing, I am well past that. However I just won't be in wax car mode. If I could make a wax go 9 months then that would be best case scenario. If not then the car just won't get waxed which is fine also but I would prefer that nice deep shine.

16. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Even Werkstatt or Zaino will have a hard time going 9 months with no additional upkeep other than washing.

17. Dan3S

Dan3S New Member

so WHAT IS THE LONGEST LASTING WAX ?????????

18. Pussysmith

Pussysmith Banned

Seriously guys, I think that for a group of "pros" this should be an easy question regardless of what my base coats are or anything. You should have in your tool belts: 1. Most shine 2. Best for dark colors 3. Best of removing problem spots 4. Toughest Wax.