SRS I need some tips on approaching girls :sad2:

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by e.pie, Dec 22, 2005.

1. e.pie

e.pie Active Member

I have no problem at all talking to girls once I have been introduced to them and have a good conversation going, but getting to that point I seem to stumble

I just can't seem to approach a girl, introduce myself, and start talking to her

is there anything I can do to work on this? :dunno:

2. Socrates

Socrates New Member

I used to have a ton of trouble with this, but I actually took the advice I got out of a book and now i'm pretty good at it.

To get less nervous at it, make it a goal for you to talk to at least 3 strangers a day. That means, if you are standing in the line at the mall, or gas station, whatever, say something to them.

I usually say something to the person based on our surroundings. If i'm shopping for clothes, i'll go up to a cute girl and tell her I like her fashion style and I would appreciate her help in helping me pick something out. It may sound weird, but the girl will be flattered that you hold her opinion so high.

Same thing anywhere else. A book store? Tell her you can't find a good book and ask her to recommend you a good book. Restaurant? Ask her what her favorite food on the menu is.

If you're in a bar or club, the BEST way i've found to approach a girl is using the pez method. This idea came from Colin Mortensen, not me. Go buy a kiddie pez dispenser, then go up to a girl in the club, hold out your pez dispenser and just say "Pez?" --- she'll think it's hilarious and you can start talking to her from there.

Works for me :hsd:.

3. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

whoa, I'm totally going to steal that pez idea. hahahaha, thats brilliant!

4. tamiyaDrifter

tamiyaDrifter Lurker

I used to have a shitload of trouble with this at Uni. Then I just grew a pair and went and sat next to one and started talking to her. You need to talk to them about what you have in common first. I.e. when I talked to the girl at uni I asked about lecture notes as I had forgotten mine that day. Then you can go on from there. I dunno about approaching girls at other places though :o

5. Apocalypse

Apocalypse Active Member

Dude dont' think about it when your talking to girls just talk if you try to plan what your saying then you will fuck it up. Just go with teh flow if it gets quiet laugh and make a joke out of it. I assure you thinking about what you want to say will never come out the way you want it too.

6. Budha

Budha Guest

Man I'll be straight up w/ you, in todays day in age, a girl will think thats a rape drug or something.

7. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

:werd: that'd be scary shit to do in a club these days. You might get some one-on-one time with someone, but it'll be with a bouncer in the back alley instead of the cutie you were trying to pick up :mamoru: :o

My best advice would be this: If you see a girl you want to talk to, very casually start looking for some kind of common ground, or a good "conversation starter" to use. If you see her wearing something interesting, go up and ask her about it. If she's looking at something, again ask her about it. I find that using neutral, "innocent enough" props as a way to gain access without making her too uncomfortable, is the ideal way. After you've gotten an answer to the initial question, put out your hand for a handshake, smile slightly and say "I'm ______." If she's at all into you, she'll respond with her name, accept the handshake, and you're cleared to continue the conversation. You can either stay on the same topic, or change the subject depending on the circumstances at that point; that'll be up to you.

Remember, using this technique the worst she can do is blow off the handshake, or give you a look like she isn't really interested in continuing to talk to you. Now as long as you aren't in a group of her or your friends, this is no big deal, no sweat at all. Expect to be blown off and rejected once in awhile; that's just how it goes. You can't be afraid of that though, or you'll always end up regetting a lack of balls.

8. scaryice

scaryice New Member

Yeah, asking questions is a great way to start talking to a girl. It can be the stupidest thing possible, too, it doesn't matter.

9. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Rape drug? I never thought of that! That is fucking brilliant!

I'm definitely getting laid tommorrow. Ha! And I always used real Pez.