SRS I need some perspective...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by peoplescar, Oct 19, 2009.

1. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

Preface: I'm 23, just graduated college and am working full time, g/f about an hour away at school.

A couple of years ago my grandfather passed away (spring 2007) which is what ultimately put me in the situation I am in now. I am over his death by now but after he died my entire Dad's side of the family moved 500 miles away. My aunt has lived in NC for a long time and my since my grandparents had a house down there my grandmother moved back down south to be near my aunt. my dad followed about 4 months later and my stepmom (dad was divorced again but i still consider her my stepmom) moved with my 2 sisters around the same time. my mother moved to CT after my freshman year of college which was in 2005. So I'm renting my grandmothers house right now and living with a roommate. we don't really hang out too much beyond just BS'ing.

So right now i'm feeling pretty alone, have been since everyone moved away. I stayed in NJ because i needed to finish up school but now that i am finished i'm not very busy anymore besides just working. My girlfriend is about an hour away living at school to finish her masters degree for the next 3 years. I only see her once a week and for a few hours. sleep over friday night and leave saturday afternoon. since i'm done with school i don't really have much to do right now besides workout and work on my cars.

I was an only child so I am used to being alone but I also value my family more than I think most people do. I signed up for a free MMA class at a local gym to get myself working towards a goal again, simply working out is getting boring.

I need some perspective on what i'm feeling right now because a positive outcome is not in sight for me right now. before my family left i was a very confident and happy person but being alone for the past couple years has really worn me down.

sorry for the wall of text.

2. oakback

oakback New Member

What is preventing you from moving to be with your family?

3. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

What do all your friends do? You are still young they can't all be married, or are they just bums that don't really do anything? or just move back to NC