LGBT I need some legal advice

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Biomechanoid, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid New Member

Kat was just fired today from Dillard's Jewelry department. the official cause:

"falsifying documents" since she marked "female" on her application, but her driver's license says "male"

Her sales have been at or above the average for the rest of the employees in her deparment, so it's not like they were looking for any excuse to fire her. It seems like someone deliberately went out of their way to get proof of her intersexed nature and get her fired because of it. is there anyway to get back at the company? should we hire a lawyer and take this to court?

If it helps she is intersexed- meaning she was born male but underwent a female puberty development cycle. Kat has the documentation to back that up.

2. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

If she was making them money then I don't get why they'd do that--somebody's got some personal issues they need to work out with themselvs. Sorry to hear that she's the dump for this persons problems. :(

3. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

That sucks.. someone was out to make sure she disappeared..

This would be a rough one; I don't knoiw that litigation would really help.. it would cost more then its worth, really. Technically she was born a male and she is intersexed and not a complete post-op trans.. It would be a tough case and probably cost you some dough. Let's remember what you are up against - Dilliards, a huge national company with probably a complete room full of lawyers..

I personally agree with you.. that's pretty damn shitty.. and I'd imagine it just adds more emotional termoil to any that already exists.. however think of the long term on this one.

EDIT: Do some research. I know in my browsing in the past I've come across many TS/TV/TG legal assistance and research sites. I'm sure this wouldn't be the first case. See if you can dig up similiar previous cases, what was presented, and what the outcomes were.

4. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

There are several organizations who's primary job it is to help people in your situation. Lambda Legal, for example. Here is the 'contact us' page url => http://www.lambdalegal.org/cgi-bin/iowa/about/address

Transgender and intersexed issues are really big right now... Check out your local offices for the American Civil Liberties Union, by going here => http://www.aclu.org/ and going to your state's page from the bottom of the home page.