SRS I need some insight on this

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by registeredPORK, Dec 6, 2007.

1. registeredPORK

registeredPORK Happy Poo Poo

So this morning, I woke up a bit late to work. It is my fault that I didn't make sure to check the alarm was on and everything before falling asleep. (It's worth mentioning now that I work at the University of MN).

Because I woke up late, I called my sister because she goes to the U, at the same campus that I work at. I asked her for a ride since she was getting ready to leave and instead, said that she'll drop me off at a bus and have me ride the bus to work. :ugh:

I was a bit annoyed as she has her first class in the building that I work in and that's where she was heading anyway. I don't see why it would be out of the way since where I live is heading towards work/school.

I rarely ask for help and when I do, it's usually a no. At the same time, whenever we have conversations, she always tells me that if I need anything, to call her. I'm just really, really frustrated and annoyed at her/other family members about this.

Maybe I'm the one that's being inconsiderate? Or maybe the one who's be selfish or whatever... I dunno. Just makes me feel sad a bit.

2. tenxia

tenxia OT Supporter

Did you ask her if it's on the way etc?

maybe she wasn't goign to her first class

3. registeredPORK

registeredPORK Happy Poo Poo

Again, she was getting ready to go to class.
    I work at the school she goes to.
    Her first class is in the building that I work in.
    I live 1 mile away from my mom (which is where she lives).
    And coming to pick me up would be on the way to school.

I don't see how it's out of the way.

4. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

Personally I think it's pretty selfish of her. She's not your taxi or personal-ride to everywhere, but, if she's going to the same destination as you she could have some decency in bringing you. That's absurd.

I would speak with her about it sometime this weekend. I wouldn't make it a big deal, cause in all honesty it really isn't. But, I'd be sure to point out how you thought you could count on her, especially in the very least if it's NOT out of her way.

Damn bruh, that's rough.

5. cooldragon

cooldragon New Member

i think its not that big of a deal. you could just bring it up rather than complaining. and brothers and sisters are like that sometime. i know my brother would do that till i pester him and then finally he will say okay so maybe thats all you had to do.

6. Cyberdx16

Cyberdx16 New Member

I don't know how your family was raised but, thats pretty fucked up, whenever anyone in my family ask for a favor from anyone of us, its almost always a yes. Your her brother, i would assume if she were to ever ask a favor from you it would be a yes as well, your family, you should help each other out as much as possible. This is what my parents taught my siblings and I growing up