SRS I need some help

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by greatwhite2006, Sep 19, 2007.

1. greatwhite2006

greatwhite2006 New Member

My psychologist had prescribed me remeron(mirtazapine) for my depression and insomnia. It's been helping me fall asleep, but it's done nothing for my horrible mood swings. Like today, i was driving to my in the car doing fine then all the sudden i just start crying and being highly depressed/suicidal because i really can't handle these swings anymore. same thing with anger, the slightest thing(like someone asking me a question they asked earlier or not being able to find my keys) would just set me off into a pissed off angry mood over it. The mood swings aren't new, they were there when i was in the army and ended up getting me discharged. I was diagnosed with a personality order with cluster b traits. I've been doing a lot of research online and it seems like i'm either bipolar or have borderline personality disorder. What do you guys think i should do? my psychologist isn't helping me at all he insists that its just major depression.

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Well the major difference between bi-polar and major depression is that bi-polar is renowned for exessive mood swings, whereas depression is caused by a series of negative events that the person cannot cope to handle with.

The big question then tho is wether you've had a series of traumatic events in your life that got you down to the extensive point that you didn't know how to deal with it and got stuck into depression. Or wether you had this all your life without any noticable reason which induced these problems.

3. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

meds havent helped me to much. I think you probably need to be on something but go to therapy. I found therapy way better then meds. good luck