I need some help...

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Left, May 26, 2002.

1. Left

Left Lakers Fan For Life!

Well, I have a bunch of questions and I don't really know where to begin. I guess I'll start of by telling you I have a metallic dark blue Cavalier. I bought it in July 2001. I waxed it once real quick with some crappy Turtle Wax many months ago. My car sits in the driveway so its pretty hard to keep clean for more than a week at most. For some reason my car collects dust like a magnet. I'll wash my car on a Sunday and by Wednesday its covered in dust. Then the moisture in the mornings builds up and runs down the top, sides and hood of my car leaving these horrible dust streak things. :sad2:

I just washed my car yesterday and noticed that its starting to lose the shine it once had. I look at the paint on the hood, sides, etc. and it looks clean but dull, then I look at the paint on the inside of the door and it shines pretty nice, I can see the tiny metal flakes in the paint.

I'd like to get my car looking as nice as possible and I need suggestions on what to use and how do it. I don't really know all that much about detailing a car, most of what I know, I've learned reading these posts. Basicly, what I'm asking is what should I use? Clay bar, wax, polish, all of them, or something else? Which brands for my color car and dust situation? What order do I use them in?

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Tiny flakes of metal in paint=metallic paint.

If you haven't deep cleaned your car in a long time, you should wash it, clay the paint, polish, then wax. You need to wax every 3 months or so. There is no miracle 1 year wax.

Check the product list for recommendations.