SRS I need some help.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by GaveUp, Oct 18, 2006.

1. GaveUp

GaveUp New Member

Background story: Essentially, me and this girl I used to like in highschool started talking again. Ended up liking each other and hooking up and basically acting like we were in a relationship, but she didnt want a relationship. Things built up because of that and well, I stopped talking to her for a while.

A month or so later we start talking again and sureley enough, we end up just like we were. However, this time was more intense. Doing everything you would do in a relationship, but she just didnt want to be in a relationship. Whenever I would ask it was basically an answer like: "You know we are perfect for each other, and I know if we got into a relationship it would be set. Forever. You and I both know we would be in it until marriage. You're a sure thing." But to be honest, I believe it. It's quite sick how well we compliment each other..

Fast Forward to last night:
    We had a talk about it all, and she basically said she doesn't know who she is, and theres a part of her that really wants to be with me. But she is basically scared of the commitment and doesnt want to become dependant on someone (which she feels she is doing already). And I think it ended with us saying we are going to stop what were doing, but she still wants to keep me as a friend. I said there is no way I can view her as just a friend (yes, I am completely in love with her) and I am not sure how I can talk to her without remembering what we had...and such. At this point she started to cry because she realized this means I am going to back away and eventually fade out of the picture.

So I ask...what the hell do I do with this? How do I handle her? Do I sever all ties? Do I remain friends and torture myself everytime I lay eyes on her?

2. sp0rk in the ear

sp0rk in the ear New Member

Let her go. She'll want you more thinking about what she could've had. I think if you really want a shot at this with her that's your best option.

3. johan

johan Active Member

It doesn't sound to me like she really wants you in "that" way. Sorry.

4. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

You have to ask yourself "Do I want to keep doing this on again off again thing?"

I'm guessing no. All the time you spend trying to get this girl to stay with you is time you could be using to find a girl who WILL stay with you.

5. GaveUp

GaveUp New Member

Update.

The day i wrote this, I came home and she was still here. And it was like we never had that conversation. She was all cuddly and hugging and kissing (and of course there was sex).

I ended it. I cant take it.