I need some help to purchase a digital video camera.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by underpressure02, Feb 3, 2004.

1. I need some help to purchase a digital video camcorder

I have been looking at all kinds of different digital video camcorders but have no clue what to get or which ones are good. This is what I know that I want. I want something small that I can carry around at shows and also mount in my car for when I drive around or whatever else you may need to video tape in a car. I am thinking I want something that will take good video in lower light situations. I do not want to spend more then 800 bucks. Also is there any good sites out there to read about which ones are good and the pros and cons of each one. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2004
  2. unrealii

unrealii professor of plant biology

Ive always liked consumerreview.com when looking up products. I dont know how up to date they are on camcorders. I suggest going into the store and drilling the sales person and learn which features are available and know what is out there.

For me, I'm very happy with my sony trv-330. You can probably get a far better camcorder than that for $800.

3. I just feel when I go to the stores that the people really do not know anything about the camcorders. You ask them simple questions and they don't know or have to look on the box. I ask them about the different models and what does what and they are like not sure. Or I ask them about which one is better in low light and they say they are all great. Which I find hard to belive.