MIL I need some help regarding military/wieght. *PLS HELP*

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Oedipus Rex, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oedipus Rex

Oedipus Rex Guest

Background:
    The recruiters that took my measurements prior to MEPS scheduling screwed something up the first time, and I taped over max when I went in the other day.

Question:
    I need to figure out how to drop about an 1-1.5 inches off of my waistline ASAP. I know this isn't healthy, and I'd prefer not to have to do it this way. If anyone has any suggestions other than just a 'normal' cutting plan I'd be very gratefuly. Also, will dropping water wieght prior to taping have signifigant effects on measurements or just weight? Thanks.

2. Leb_CRX

Leb_CRX OT's resident terrorist

Hiit and proper nutrition...ie calculate your total calorie intake and reduce by approx 500...

and eat CLEAN...not crap

3. Oedipus Rex

Oedipus Rex Guest

i guess i should have mentioned this. currently i have been doing hiit, small/frequent meals (lean meat, complex carbs, etc)--basically what i always used to do to cut. i guess i'm just looking for some sort of advantage for this week even though i doubt it exists. i've just never had to drop so much so damn quick :hs:

4. Leb_CRX

Leb_CRX OT's resident terrorist

everyone wants to drop so quick, and there's no magical answer/thing to do, it takes longer to drop then to add, so you have to be patient

dont worry boot camp will fuck you right up, and you'l lose weight :o

5. Oedipus Rex

Oedipus Rex Guest

that's the problem though. i don't want to, i have to. i'm scheduled for MEPS shortly and due to financial burdens from me no longer being a student i can't afford to not make tape at MEPS. if i had it my way i'd do it right, trust me. oh well, thanks for the help anyways. :)

6. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

What is your weight and height and what is the max for that weight and height?

7. Oedipus Rex

Oedipus Rex Guest

about 2 weeks. and army (ibmarinescomments).

8. Oedipus Rex

Oedipus Rex Guest

current height/weight is 5'7", 215lb. i was about 190 at a caliper tested 12% about three months ago if that helps gauge it. only problem is that the weight doesn't actually matter. they measure your height, waist, and neck circumpherence to come up with some index. i'm barely over so i may not need to drop all that much, but i'm trying to be safe. so unless there someway to make the circumpherence of my neck larger in a timely manor i need to drop about an inch off of my waist.

if i can't make it in time i can reschedule and be alright for a bit, but i was trying to avoid a lack of comments based on how unhealthy this is and how this forum usualy responds to these types of questions.

9. AccidenT

AccidenT Remember I will always love you, as I claw your fu

out of curiosity, what's your waist measurement?

10. Oedipus Rex

Oedipus Rex Guest

taped in at 38" this morning. even at my smallest i don't think i've ever measured lower than 33" though. :dunno:

11. SteveO

SteveO Guest

a couple days before avoid large water consumptions, high intakes of sodium, or anything that will make you hold water (this includes carbs). Dropping water will take inches off your waist line, you'd be amazed. Adding a little cardio would help too

12. Oedipus Rex

Oedipus Rex Guest

thanks. i thought this might be something i could do for initial tape-in to buy me more time to lose it the right way. much appreciated.

same to everyone else, i appreciate the responses. :bigthumb:

13. Dzl

Dzl New Member

38"...when I went to meps, there were army recruits that had over 40" waists....unsat mofos.

Semper Fi.

14. BassBoy14

BassBoy14 New Member

Work on your neck size. Hold your hand on the side of your head and push your head that way, do this befor you get taped, this will make your neck size bigger, works

15. Socrates

Socrates New Member

BassBoy, don't fucking bring threads up that are 6 months old. Keep that shit up and you'll get yourself banned.

Hell, even common sense could be used here. This guy wanted FAST HELP, he could have lost 100 pounds by now.

16. DaRkPhAnToM

DaRkPhAnToM FML OT Supporter

road marches and long distance runs are ur friends

17. DaRkPhAnToM

DaRkPhAnToM FML OT Supporter

o fuck didnt realise the dates my bad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.