I need some excel/VBA help PLEASE!!!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DrakeMK3, Mar 24, 2007.

1. DrakeMK3

DrakeMK3 AAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I need to do the following using VBA (in Excel):

1) Search for a customer from an excel file. If the customer is found, the customer's other data should be displayed (User types in last name of who they are searching for, then the customer's first name, customer number, etc. will be displayed)

If the customer is not found, then the program should prompt the user to input the new customer's data and add the new customer to the list.

2) After the customer is either found or added, the user should be able to enter an update to the customer's account balance. (Either an increase or a decrease in their balance, depending on whether the customer was making a new charge or paying down on their account.)

Also, there should be a provision at the end of the first find/update that asks the user whether they want to search again.

If anyone can help I would be soooooooooo glad. Thank you from a poor excel user.

Here is the excel file I am using...

http://www.knology.net/~daduck/Customer Excel Filel.xls

2. BigPaul

BigPaul New Member

Mmm... why not just do it in Access?

3. DrakeMK3

DrakeMK3 AAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I know what you mean. I know it would be a lot easier to do it in Access, but I am not allowed to use it for this project. That's what makes it such a challenge. :(