SRS I need some advice..

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by cgnmd0819, Apr 17, 2006.

1. cgnmd0819

cgnmd0819 New Member

Well-- I guess the story begins that I had been dating this guy for a little over two years.. and we currently were taking a break, but it's been a few days less than a week and we are back together... But, I found out that he had cheated on me, once.. He tells me he regrets it.. Am I making the right decision with going back out with him and giving him another chance? After all we had been dating for over two years.. I know some people say once a cheater always a cheater but, I personally know people that have cheated, but now are fully committed to their relationships.. I think that's about all I have to say, please leave some comments it'd be a huge help..

2. beautiful disaster

beautiful disaster OT Supporter

if i'm cheated on i usually don't give a second chance -- regardless of what they say. i wouldn't be able to stop thinking about it and i would always throw it up in their face during an argument...

you can really only do what your heart tells you....good luck

3. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

Breaks are never a good thing IMO. Once you decide you need a break the relationship is doomed.

Cheating is the same way. You'll never be able to get that out of the back of your mind. You'll always worry what he's doing when he doesn't call, or doesn't show up on time.

I'd say cut your losses and move on.

4. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

Taking him back tells him that he can cheat onyou and get away with it. What do you think that means? That he will never cheat again? No no no hun. Do not take him back.

5. cgnmd0819

cgnmd0819 New Member

I've made it very clear to him that if I even catch him in a lie that I will NEVER be with him again.. He and I have talked through a lot of things and gotten to the bottom of it.. and actually things are going well between us... I'm doing what my heart tells me, and that is to give him another chance because he and I were arguing at the time, not getting along, and he needed to find out some stuff on his own.. so.. yah..

6. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

If I was ever cheated on, that'd be the death of the relationship right there. It would always sit in the back of my mind, and I'd always wonder what was happening when I wasnt around. That trust being broken would ruin any chance of the relationship ever being the same anyway.

I dont think its a good idea to take him back, but if you say its what your heart tells you, then thats what matters.

7. Pringles

Pringles New Member

well me being a novice, I tried that get back together shit. It doesnt work. I'm NEVER NEVER NEVER and I stand by that never with my pumping heart goning to accept a cheater EVER again in my life. I'll also let you know that since she cheated once, logically shes gonna cheat again knowing it's ok and that is what she did. It applies to both sexes. NEVER accept a cheater as why would you want to be with someone who choses at times to go with people other than you? Your supposed to be #1 to them not #2 at sometimes. You also lose all trust or honesty coming from there mouth. You always will think about it and it just doesnt work. Trust me and I'm glad I learned this in stupid HS and not somewhere that counts.