I need Romantic Ideas....

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Guz200sx, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

So my GF told me today that she wants to do something "semi-romantical" this weekend ... Now this is a girl who doesn't really do romance so this is a surpise that she wants to do something "romantical." I asked her what would she like to do and she didn't know since she is terrible at that. So she was really of no help on thinking of something so Now I'm stuck looking for ideas ....

I suggested maybe cooking for her but I have no idea what I could do if anything. I'm not a big cooking guy. I could TRY to make enchiladias since she likes mexican food but that is a stretch. Trying to make anything else is a stretch also since I do not cook or even have a lot of things I need for cooking...I also suggested that we cook something together since she is a better cook than me..And I could make it romantic by having candles during the dinner and what not.

I Also suggested going out for dinner to a nice mexican restaurant or a Japanese Steak House, Both serve great food. The mexican restaurant is a little bit more romantical than the Japanese steak house and afterwards we could also go on a walk around the fountain that is near the restuarant. I think it looks really nice at night.

Also at the end of our conversation, she said she was sorry for sounded like a dork and that she didn't know what got into her. She said that whatever we do, it will be fine and that she is just glad to spend some time with me by ourselves.

2. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

Regardless of what she said I think she truly means she does want to do something romantic. She probably said that because she felt embarrassed for bringing it up since it's something that you A) didn't think of on your own and B) normally don't do

If you have a house to yourself then I think cooking could turn out to be really fun. There are a lot of really simple things you could do that with one or two dry runs would turn out just perfect.

Boneless Skinless Chicken breasts are really easy to cook and you can find a ton of recipes for them online as far as simple marinades go. Couple this with some parmesean pasta and you've got a simple but tasty dinner. I've made this meal for myself two or three times and it's quick and easy

Spaghetti with Italian Sausage is another really easy one. You cook the sausage for a few minutes (until it's done) and then put it in the sauce pan with the sauce to keep it warm. Spaghetti is pretty much boiling water so you can't go wrong there. When the spaghetti is done, mix and serve.

3. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

:rofl:

Sorry, I heard that word on Flavor of Love... I forgot who said it but me and my ex used to always say "romantical" instead of "romantic" after that episode.

4. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

How long have you been together?

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

6. Guz200sx

2.5months

7. Guz200sx

Yes, she was embarrassed because she is really not a romantic type of girl. She has a hard time expressing her feelings in that way but it seems like I'm bringing that out in her.

I'm also not a very romantical guy...But this is going to be our first time to be really alone in a long time so I think thats why she also wants to take advantage of it and I also won't see her for two weeks after this.

8. iwishyouwerebeer

:rofl: Stop saying romantical, it's not a word.

Edit: I'm not a super romantic chick either...but I find it funny that after 2 months she's already asking for a romantic night out.

9. Guz200sx

I live by myself (with my two cats) so cooking together could be a lot of fun.

Both ideas you suggested sound really good....Especially the chicken one. My mom has a good chicken recipe...I think I will ask her about it.

10. Guz200sx

:squint: You are reading too much into it.

11. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Ok. The stuff I was thinking of was way too serious for 2.5 months.

I agree with the picnic suggestion.

12. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

And I always liked cooking together with the gf... so if you guys haven't done that before, that has the potential to be "romantical" :)

Seriously.

Don't forget the wine.

13. Guz200sx

:rofl: Don't worry, I already got a good suggestion from a co-worker on which one to try.
    So I'll definately be looking for it this week.

Sounds like cooking together is the one.

14. Guz200sx

I liked the picnic idea also but cooking together inside sounds more romantic, i think.

15. Guz200sx

Don't hate on the word. ;)

16. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

All I can think to say is...

The lower cost/simpler options will be more romantic because they place greater emphasis on you two being together. So, the picnic or cooking together or better than going out to a restaurant or fancy place.

17. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I agree. I'm not one for picnics, so I would choose cooking together, too.

18. lauren

lauren Active Member

one of the most romantic things my bf has done for me was wear khakis. :o
    but serious;y, dress up a little and have a real date if it's not something you typically do. she like live productions?

if you're gonna cook, consider grilling. now is such an awesome time of year, specifically at night.

19. Guz200sx

I think I always dress nice. I just don't get dressed up with dress clothes.
    I would love to grill but I don't have anywhere to do it.

20. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

really? I consider that very common and just fine. you go more then two months at a time without a real planned out, dress up date?

you should reassure her that its great for her to ask. Its a good thing that shes willing to let you know what she wants. Much better then her waiting for you to read her mind or having no idea what would make her happy.

cooking together is an awesome idea, but don't forget this is a date, the whole point is to put in a bit of effort to make it special.

get a nice bottle of wine ask for a recomendation at the store if you don't know. tell them what you are having for dinner and they will pick one for you. if you don't drink alcohol, you need some other interesting beverage... could just be non alcoholic champange or mango smoothies... whatever.

if you need help with what you are cooking, let us know. mexican is easy. if you can follow directions you can make mexican.

have all the ingredients on hand. bonus points for prepared (ie, have the cheese already grated) when you make cooking look easy it works better as a date.

dress better then you usually do. However nice you usually dress, you should be dress very obviously nicer then that. Yeah, you are cooking, so don't wear you most expensive shirt, but find a way to make it clear that you put some thought and effort into it.

feel free to buy some fancy looking desert, or just have her favorite kind of icecream or something.

21. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Is that slang for something that I'm not familiar with?

22. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Also, make sure you smell good.

Go easy on the cologne... you guys are going to be in your house, in your kitchen. One spray should be good (unless your cologne bottle is one of those weird ones where hardly anything comes out). You want her to smell you when she's close to you (which should happen a lot while you're cooking if you do it right ;) ), not when she's 5 feet away from you. Plus, you guys are cooking. You want to smell the food as you're cooking it, not your cologne.

23. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

IBthisdateisahugesuccess

24. Dethfat

Dethfat New Member

This is all i get when i hear a girl want something like that, at first when i was just starting to learn about girls I though romantic thought to be this super smooth motherfucker and totally woo the girl....actually all she wants is be have a fun filled night, then at the end of the night you make her feel special in a nice calm private setting where you two can relax and make sweet dirty love in front of the fire (metaphorically speaking) so basicaly, treat her to a fun night where there wont be a dull moment (also dont rely on everything to make it exciting, there will be boring moments where you will have to step up and get involved in something) just have fun, thats all she wants you know?

25. iwishyouwerebeer

:dunno: Ever since my bf and I started dating we usually have a nice night out every few weeks, no asking necessary. So the fact that after 2 months together she's already asking him to set up a "romantic evening" leads me to assume they do nothing romantic ever....Also meaning he will probably continue to not do romantic things for her until she mentions it. This will lead to her asking every so often and eventually whining "we never do anything special!" haha. Does she try to do romantic things for him?

But I agree, I guess it's good she at least asked nicely. I can just picture it turning into a whine later in the relationship if he ceases to do romantic gestures here and there.