I need new speakers.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ledzep73, May 3, 2005.

1. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

Well I got in a pretty bad wreck the other day (I have bithced about it on here a few times) and I didn't have my amp screwed down, so it didn't make it. The car door was hit, and when a door is hit at abouts 50 MPH, the speaker in it just cries alot, and never makes music for you again. So now I am sittin here with a need for a new 2-channel amp, and some nice speakers to go with it. I was thinking some Boston Pro's and a JL Audio 300/2, or a 300/4 and keep the memphis speakers I have for the rears. I know you all say to ditch the rears, but the 300/4 is 125x2 and 25x2, so its not so bad. But anywho, I was wondering what was comparable in quality, or price I guess, to thoose. I will probally have to buy off ebay, I just don't have that much money to spend on this crap, I had just bought a new home stereo. So 600-700 is my goal, from eBay, to get a set of fronts, and an amp. I think everything else made it, except the car itself.

2. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

I think Boston Pro's and a 300/2 would be an excellent choice. I'd like to try that setup in my car.

3. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

It would be pretty freaking sexy, and right around 550 on eBay. Just that alot of people talk about MB Quart, and Focals, just wanted to know what people thought was better.