MIL I need new boots.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Zourn, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

Right now my boots are on the verge of wearing all the way down to mocassins.
    I need some good boots, steel-toe, black, and good for working on submarines (ALWAYS getting scraped against one metal surface or another)
    Anybody got some reccomendations?

2. crucial_fiction

crucial_fiction Active Member

get you some nice flightdecks. I like 'em....or go out and buy some cats they're nice

3. crucial_fiction

crucial_fiction Active Member

We can have any old boot...but it has to be all black,steeltoe,'safety sole'(ie rubber), and at least ankle high...

4. gookarachie

gookarachie New Member

Go check out some tanker boots. I believe they have all the requirements that you are looking for. Also from what I hear they are comfy too.

5. Zourn

I bought pair of the Belleville 800 ST's.
    [​IMG]
    I like how the toe is one piece all the way across, should help with all those grate floors.

6. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

I'm a big fan of Bellevilles as well. I have a pair of 790's (I think that's the number), and they're awesome. You probably don't need any Gore-Tex, insulated boots, because that'd be too heavy and too hot, but the Bellevilles with Vibram soles will have the best traction, and should wear very comfortably and durably. Danner may also make a steel-toe that's similar, and will use similar materials, like Vibram soles and such.

7. Zourn

Just got them in today, They're great, but not the one's pictured, they do however say the correct model number inside, oh well. They're Comfy as hell.
    And just my luck, my digicam batteries are dead, but i'll see if i can round up some more AAA's and take old/new boot pics.

8. insomnia

insomnia New Member

They don't give us new boots till they don't take polish anymore or the sole is seperating.

9. Zourn

my old boots only had half their sole left :ugh:

10. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

How's the grip on them ?

11. Zourn

I walked up a wall just earlier! :eek3:
    Ok, so not really, but it does seem like you could.
    And the interior lining feels like an extra pair of socks, but it wicks the foot sweat away.(Which I, admittedly have lots of) They actually breathe real nice, my feet didn't get hot standing in the direct sun, temp >90F, heat index >100F.
    The fit is snug, but it doesn't choke off my foot.
    And the shock absorbency is tremendous, jump half a flight of stairs and my feet think they just took another step.
    All in all, these boots are fucking great, if you need new boots, buy a pair of Belleville 800ST's, they're a tad pricey at $170-180ish, but worth every damn penny.

12. footratfunkface

You can look on ebay from time to time and get great deals on bellevilles. That's where I got my 700's from, for $55. The Vibram soles on Bellevilles, danners, Bates, and nearly every other QUALITY boot have traction like fucking claws of death. I don't think I'll get anything non-vibram again. Now the 800's are stout boots as well, and you may find that your feet get hot in them, even though they don't FEEL hot. You'll take your boots off and find that your feet really were hot, and that the socks just wicked the moisture away. Goretex may also be a little overboard for your application, if you're not going to be standing in water. Just remember, you're not SUPPOSED to polish goretex boots. danner sells some sort of goretex boot stuff that helps them shine or protects the leather, yet still lets the goretex "breathe" as they like to say. Hell, I polished the FUCK out of mine for EMT school, and they still breath just fine for me.

13. insomnia

insomnia New Member

Half a sole = still good. No threads or seperation and they're fine :hs:

14. Zourn

The half I still had was the front half of the boot, heel was pretty much flat and plenty seperated.

15. Zourn

The Standard Issue boots were Bates and they had the Durashocks sole, may as well be grease compared to these boots.

16. footratfunkface

That's why. They weren't Vibram. Not all the Bates line has them. Their new M-6 and M-9 boots have a good Vibram sole, and are available as a desert or an insulated/goretexed version like yours, and with or without zippers.