SRS I need motivation to get better.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Reznik, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Reznik

Reznik New Member

My life is so dull and boring. I feel a quarter of my life so far has been lost in depression and anxiety (I am 21). I have been dealing with this since high school. Right now my situation is that I am living at home. I don't have friends. I haven't had a single friend since 4 years. I am taking medication. I binge on fast food to make myself feel better. I am 30 lbs. overweight and have poor posture. I like some things like politics, events. But I have never really discovered what I like and what appeals to me. I haven't had the chance to explore my interests. I spend too much time on the computer...because I don't have anything to do, so I try to stay online and talk to people... I guess its a social outlet. I am in a comfort zone right now.

I don't think my father will support me after a year. He is upset with me. The thought of this doesn't bother me. Sometimes I wish he would just kick me out of the house.:hs:

I know how to get better. I just don't have the motivation to make all the things that I stated above right. I need some good step by step advice. After some recent self analysis.... I think I dream too much and do too little. I aim to be perfect and for ex. stop eating fast food suddenly one day but it never happened till now.

2. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

If your life is dull and boring... there's your motivation.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

This is exellent, now you have a reason to live for.

4. IgnitionGSR

IgnitionGSR OT Abuser

Do you have any goals? anything long-term goals you want to achieve? Think about these. Do you have a job? All these things will give you motivation.
    Yeah, go step by step, stop eating fast food, find a job if you don't have one, meet some new people (i know it's hard - but pays off in the long run)
    Just try and think positive. :)

5. Bleed

Bleed New Member

set goals for yourself. without them, you have no motivation in life.

6. Jester

Jester OT Supporter

Do you have a job? There is an easy path to moderate social activities.

1. Get a job.
    2. Meet people at said job.
    3. Go out with said people.

That doesn't even require much motivation. ;)

7. WildwoodOne

WildwoodOne New Member

Now would be a good time to get involved in politics since it is a presidential election year. They are always looking for volunteers for all campaigns! Might be a good place to start and you will meet people that share your interest. Chin up!!

8. Reukie

Reukie ...

This happens to me always. Really bad now that I'm working on my thesis. Oh well.

And same with the OP, I dream too much, do too little.