SRS I need major help with my eating disorder

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Freeze2000, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Freeze2000

Freeze2000 New Member

Throughout high school I was like a God to most people. I was very talented, played football, took care of my body, and a lot of people looked up to me. It all started slipping slowly away after I graduated, i starting binging. It starting little, and now it has gotten out of hand. Im so scared to go out because everytime somebody sees me 50 pounds heavier then I used to be, and I am not fat peoples opinions of me gone downhill and they feel "let down" which makes me feel even worse! I don't know if any of you guys can relate, but I need help major. I diet for 2 weeks very good, then binge. I'm getting nowhere except to problems.

What should I do for this? I am seeing a counselor and got some meds, but I think its more psychological.

Cliffs:

-Friends used to look up to me, and when they see me they are dissapointed because everything I used to believe in (exercising, diet, happiness) has all gone downhill.
    -I stay home a lot now because im scared to go out.
    -I binge and feel very guility, suicidal thoughts even.
    -I need help.

2. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

How long have you been seeing your counselor? What are they recommending?

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:dunno: I don't know what to tell you man other than:

YOU are the only one who can get yourself out of this mess you've put yourself in. Start working out reguarly, but also try to find some sort of sport or physical activity that you truly enjoy doing to also stay healthy. On top of that quit binge eating. Get some willpower! You don't have to stop at the drive-thru because it's easier, or load up on junkfood at the grocery store because it's their in front of you.

4. Freeze2000

Freeze2000 New Member

Your right, but see its not that. I diet and exercise very good for 2 weeks and get these cravings which are unbearable. I eat 30 grams of carbs and something inside of me snaps and I cannot put it down. Its more mentally and I feel willpower has nothing to do with it. I understand where your coming from completely, but somehow I cannot stop. I've done everything.

My counselor is a ****ing tool. On top of him being gay (I think) he just asks me questions and reccomended me to get some anti depressents. He says I don't have a eating disorder and its merely depression. Hes a ****ing idiot and I want to slap him across the face. So yes, I am on anti depressents now which don't do shit except help me focus in school.

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

1. Willpower is mental, not physical (i.e. willpower isn't what's going to make you lower the donut from your mouth; your head has to click and tell you to stop, then you have to follow).

2. Get a new counselor, pronto.

3. What does it matter if he's gay or not? :ugh:

4. What anti depressant are you on? Most will make you gain weight right there.

5. Get a new counselor.

It sounds like you are really just hoping someone (therapist) finds something "wrong" with you so you can blame your problem on that...and that right there is your problem. At the root of everything you are still the only one who can stop yourself.

6. Redbeard

Redbeard OT Supporter

A lot of it is your perception, who cares what people think.