I need home speaker wiring help.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by JMizzle, Mar 20, 2002.

1. JMizzle

JMizzle Guest

Ok, I am doing a wiring job for my sister and right now she has 8 speakers outside, with two receivers. Four speakers to each receiver. I want to put those all together on one receiver, can I do this? Also I need the option of turning two of them off, how do I do this? And finally, I have to run wire to four of the speakers that are about 20-40 feet away from the reciever, what is the best type of wire, or is there a wireless solution to this? Thanks for any help.

2. Nosamk

Nosamk Guest

Niles makes some speaker selectors that allow up to six pairs to be connected.

anything wireless is gonna suck.

use 16ga minimum wire.

3. BumpnFD

BumpnFD Why don’t you do a triple fucking axel over to the

how much power is running? also, is it just for stereo sound? or surround?

4. caddymac

caddymac Guest

Some good speaker wire for outside would be that stuff they use for low voltage lights.

5. BumpnFD

BumpnFD Why don’t you do a triple fucking axel over to the

yea, 16g lamp cord would work good. i even use that for my home theater. It like $0.11 a foot.

6. caddymac

caddymac Guest

Weird, I use zip cord myself. It is great stuff, plus it comes in white or black.

:bigthumb:

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Most receievers come with the ability to switch between two sets of speakers. Usually there's an A/B switch (set A and set B). Is this what you mean or am I missing something?