I need help...

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by phoenix1105, Aug 11, 2009.

1. phoenix1105

phoenix1105 OT Supporter

I am bored out of my mind laying in bed all day after I broke my back. It hurts like hell to move around so video games/computer games, and DVDs rule my life. Here is the deal... I need new material, or at least good old stuff. Just to throw out some ideas as to what I like, I loved the Total war series, almost all the final fantasy series to start with. I was thinking about getting Mass Effect as I never played it, Plus I kinda want a space sim. I am a big fan of RPGs so I considered the Witcher and Two Worlds. I also got the new East India Company Trading game. I was playing some of the older Heroes of Might and Magic, but they keep freezing. I also have a PS# and XBOXLive so any of those games are fair play as well. The only thing I dont really want are MMO, just not my style of game.

So if everyone would throw in an idea or two I'd really appreciate it.

2. Dogz

Dogz interior crocodile moderator

sounds like youve already thrown up some ideas lol

3. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

Wow is the obvious suggestion for a time sink.

Freelancer is the best space sim I've played in the last decade. I've heard good things about Eve Online, but I never got into it.

Civilization IV is also good and very time consuming.

Lots of people like The Witcher, but I would suggest Elderscrolls III: Morrowind over anything else. Oblivion and Fallout 3 are also good. Mass Effect is awesome, but ANY of these would be better than Two Worlds.

4. Dogz

Dogz interior crocodile moderator

eve online sucks :sad2:

5. gui3

gui3 all the dude ever wanted was his rug back

you haven't mentioned what you have played, so i'll just mention a bunch of games that are good for passing time.

Mass Effect was great as a space game, since they went into great detail fleshing out back stories for various worlds and races across the galaxy. definitely worth the time.

Fallout 3 doesn't feel like an RPG - and it's definitely big enough that you can sink tons of time into it. and it's excellent. GTA4 and Metal Gear Solid 5 are good for this.

Try the Penny Arcade Adventure RPGs, Flower (PSN), Puzzle Quest (XBLA), Uncarted (PS3), get Gran Tourismo 5 Prolouge (dont pay full price, obvs) and unlock all the cars.

Also try Little Big Planet. almost infinite levels to play, and you can create your own.

etc.

6. phoenix1105

phoenix1105 OT Supporter

The only game I have had no experience with is Mass Effect. All of the others I have played in some form or another...

7. tomohr

tomohr look again! OT Supporter

DSi + pokemon ftw

gotta catch'em all bitch!