i need help with a routine/diet. semi noob here.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by 88lxcoupe, Jul 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 88lxcoupe

88lxcoupe New Member

ok guys, my weight has gotten to the point where im unhappy and have no confidence. in december i broke my leg. i couldnt work out anymore and gained a LOT of weight. i was out of commission for 4 months. before, i was 245 and decent strength, not much compared to half you guys.

right now, i havent lifted since december and im 278. lots of fat, and i dont like it. im unhappy. i NEED to change. i started running today, and i dont have access to a gym quite yet because im in the process of moving.

what is a good routine to start with? i have decent strength, nothing great. i do have the ability to gain strength very quickly. when i first started working out, i went from 135 max to 250 max in about 6 weeks. also, if you guys could reccomend a diet or what i should eat, id be thrilled. i know i eat too much right now, and thats coming to a hault as of today. i dont want to eat 2500+ calories here either. maybe 1500 a day. i know this probably isnt healthy, but its what i need. i dont want to sustain any of my weight.

if you see anything thats wrong in what i said(probably, i dont know much) please correct me.

2. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

in order of effectiveness at weight loss:
    diet
    lifting weights
    cardio

start with your diet. get at least 200-300g protein a day, and fill in the rest with complex carbs and clean fats (olive, flax, fish oils). no sugars, everything whole grain. practice carb timing, where you eat carbs when your body needs them (breakfast, pre/post workout). at other times, dont eat carbs.

get a gym membership, start doing a routine that involves a lot of complex lifting movements (deads, squats, bench)

do high-intensity cardio 30-45 minutes a day, keeping your hr above 160. it doesnt much matter what type of cardio it is - elliptical, running, whatever

3. MWHC22

MWHC22 Bier/Deutsch/Homebrew/ Packers/Blackhawks/Outdoor

yeah.....just eat clean. keep protein intake a higher percentage than your carbs. sugars are calorie rich so yeah like stated above. less sugary stuff. ive never really been a big guy but i quit drinking soda over 3 years ago and i felt alot heathier. diet is ok i guess since its sugarless but its up to you.

i don't have a gym membership but i wish i did. just set up a routine.....and stick to it. even if it doen't turn you into an arnold look alike youll still make impovement. My last roommate was and Exorcise and sports science major. he said full body weight workouts with some cardio and HIIT through a max of one weeks time were sufficeint for weight loss and getting cut but the best is full body every 4 or 5 days. i started lifting again about 3 months ago after a long time off. i lost 15 lbs aprox. in the first month and then gained back about 7 lbs of muscle in the next month or so. ive also been running every other day. a good 3 miles min on my non lifting days at about 8 min miles. then every 3 or 4 days i do HIIT(high intensity interval training) either in the morning then weights at evening...or other way around. which basically consists of 30 secs jog then 30 secs sprint rinse repeat and keep going for at least 10 to 15 mins. when you start out you can go for only 3 or 4 mins then try and up it on cycle of 30 jog 30 sprint each week or so depending on how you feel.

anywho like i said ive never been a big guy...so losing 15 lbs in a month is a shitload for me cuz ive lost most of the fat on my body now. i went from 6ft 180ish down to around 165 then back up to 173 or so. my work sucks and i go long periods of more than 6 or 7 hours sometimes with no food...so i won't make progress very much till i get on a better job schedule.

good luck

4. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

cant take a protein bar or anything with you?

5. WPInerd

WPInerd New Member

good advice :bigthumb:

running and swimming is the best cardio if you want to lose weight

6. MWHC22

MWHC22 Bier/Deutsch/Homebrew/ Packers/Blackhawks/Outdoor

i already do. they get pissy when we eat stuff so we have to hide in the corner and munch a bite or two here and there. its still not enough though. im hungry the whole time anyway. basically my job has pissy bitch ass managers. most other restaurants ive worked at don't mind if you have a meal sitting on the side somewhere so you can go run over and mucnh on it.

edit: doesn't matter anymore...i quit that crappy place and work at my other job now. i can eat all i want as long as i don't bring it into certain areas that we keep really clean becasue of sound and lighting equipment. :bigthumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.