I need help to start training

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by kingmagus, Jul 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingmagus

kingmagus New Member

Here are some of my vital stats: 25, 6'1 190lbs

The only equipment i have are some dumbells 5-35lbs, a stationary bike and a 80lb barbell.
    ive been training a little the last few months, 5lb crunches and upright rows mostly. I have no natural strength.this is how weak i am, i can even bench my 80lb barbell and i cant do one sit up :(

2. incubimmer

incubimmer New Member

:eek3: fuck the gym for now, u need a complete rebuild, start w/ pushups and situps, once you can do those, then worry about spending money on the gym, get something to work with first, the gym can do nothing for you if you can lift any weight yet.

3. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

some of the worst advice i've seen on this board..good job. :slap:

4. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

wtf that doesnt even make sense

5. incubimmer

incubimmer New Member

how can he make progress if he cant lift himself? why waste money on a gym if you cant even do a damn pushup yet? and furthermore why would u waste the money if you cant get anything out of it from being so utterly weak he cant hardly pick himself up off the ground? answer those 3 questions w/ a valid response and i will conceid your opinion.

6. SteveO

SteveO Guest

almost any male in the world can bench squat and dead the bar

7. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

there are machines in the gym that will allow him to do the same movements with less body weight. solves that problem.

pushups are primarily useless anyhow. he can always bench press a bar or lighter db's and still be able to get the movement out while working his chest and triceps[/quote]
    for the same reasons lifted above. first of all, having to go to a gym builds disipline into your life as a whole. rather than just going into a bedroom and pulling the db's out from under the bed, it helps to reinforce the fact that this is a LIFESTYLE. secondly, a lot of people receive motivation from seeing other people in the gym, some people use the gym as an escape from reality (home life troubles, work, etc) and like to go to a completely different environment than they are usually immersed in.

now die in a fire and please never give anyone advice ever again.

8. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

:werd:

9. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

:mamoru:

10. G-n-P

G-n-P New Member

im all for the bodyweight training and general conditioning until you get to the point where you could actually get something out of the gym. The last thing he needs are a bunch of complicated movements and new neuro muscular patterns to develop. He needs to focus on working hard with a few simple movements: push ups, walking lunges, dive bombers, assorted core work, timed flexed hangs from a pull up bar, jogging, high rep bodyweight squats and squat jumps.

11. Equipped

Equipped Guest

listen to this dude instead of mike. good luck.

12. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

or he could go to a gym and do the essentials, while having the cardio equipment he wants and a chance to socialize with people also interested in getting fit..

13. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

:rofl:

looks like we have a new F&N troll, go back to your cave you fuckstick

14. Equipped

Equipped Guest

dude, don't try to act like you know what you're talking about when you don't train properly yourself. I look @ NHB's pics, then yours.

him > me > pokesteve > you > robx

15. incubimmer

incubimmer New Member

you sound so gay dude, not to mention no1 has yet agreed w/ you. stop trying to pull one over on ppl cuz even tho im not an expert, u sure as hell arent either. so stfu. btw u had no valid arguement so i still stand behind what i said previously. maybe il change my mind if someone like timber or christophers or cavefish comes in and disagrees but they havent and im guessing its cuz they either agree or its cuz its not so off the wall that it would warrant such a negative response from a fuckin headstrong pussy such as yourself. have fun spending money every month to go in and bp the bar only, that makes plenty of fuckin sense doesnt it? who goes to the gym to socialize anyways? i go in there to get my shit done and leave, maybe thats what you should to to and your "progress picks" wont look exactly the same as your starting ones:mamoru:

16. Maverik60

Maverik60 New Member

socialing at the gym is a waste of money. if he gets a gym pass actually work out not talk. I just started going to the gym and find it annoying when you see people hanging near a machine/equipment and there just talking..

17. danromboj

danromboj New Member

Back to this guy's original question. If you only have a set of dumbells. How do you get started. other than the basic bicep curl, what other exercises can you do with them. The name and a description of the exercise so that the uninitiated can figure out how to do it would be helpful. I'm betting the guy is looking for an overall improvement in strength. Not bulking up, or beach muscles. How can this board help someone like that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.