SRS I need help issues

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by familyguy101, Apr 6, 2006.

1. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

Here is a weird problem i am having. When I am sober, I feel rather happy about myself and my life, even though i'm young, single, never really dated that much. When i'm sober, i am more carefree about those kinds of problems and i feel that they will all happen in time. Recently, i've started to smoke marijuana a little more and I can't help but feel that it's fucking me up. When high off of it, I begin to get crazy, scary thoughts. I start to feel very depressed and that my life is being wasted because I suck. Basically, the marijuana is altering my mind and i don't know if these new thoughts are real, or if they are true, or if they are just a side effect of the marijuana. When the high goes away, i can still remember the thoughts I had and begin to ponder if those thoughts are the reality of my life. It scares me, because if they are, then that means I have a dillusional view of my life. I don't know which is true, or if I should keep smoking marijuana or not. Someone please help me as it's beginning to become a big problem to me.

2. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

Marijuana causes paranoia for some people. Don't worry about why it affects you like that. Don't take your paranoid thoughts seriously.

And obviously, in your case, stop getting high, period.

3. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

No offense, but isn't the answer obvious? If you are having that much of an issue with marijuana, don't smoke it ;) You said yourself that when you're sober you are carefree (which I am assuming also means happy). So why would you want to alter that mindset?

4. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

well, it's not that I want to alter that mindset, but it's more of the truth that I am after. I just don't want to live in a daydream world and look back on my life one day and realize all that I've been doodling like a child instead of growing up. I have had friends and people tell me that marijuana will do things like reveal your true form, or whatever it may be. I'm also going through phases now, like i've begun to accept the fact that my life is not going the way I want it too, and this is when I'm sober, maybe due to weed, maybe just a phase of life. It's kinda like, you want to help the scared dog, but he doesn't know your helping, so he'll bite you if you get too close. In this scenario, I feel like the scared dog, only i want to know if the marijuana is helping me or hurting me. that might sound goofy, but it's the best way i can explain what's going through me head.

the answer isn't that obvious if your confused. if it were, why would i post this.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2006
  5. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

so basically, at the same time i feel like the weed is helping me see clearly, but at the same time, i don't know if weed will just fuck you up and make you THINK your seeing clearly.

6. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

The latter. Trust me trust me trust me when I say that negative trains of thought under the influence of marijuana are almost ... designed to be dark, to needle into your mind and create overwhelming doubts. Paranoia is what you're experiencing (or some variety of it), and you need to think about life when you're clear headed if you want to make any sense of it.

Stop smoking. Not b/c marijuana's bad, but b/c it's bad for you.

7. ebbnflo

ebbnflo REAL- LAOT Hermit

Weed is not working for you, IMO. Stop smoking it, at least for a few weeks, and see how you feel.
    Seems like MaryJane is a real bitch to you.

8. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I guess the answer is clear to me. If you are having problems with drugs (as you said you are), you should stay away from them. Other than that I don't have anything else to say. I've never done drugs and I've never had any interest in them so I don't truly understand the 'other side'. I've never felt the need to use substances and IMO I think you're seeing things that aren't there. I honestly don't see how a mind altering substance allows you to see things in true form like you said. But I'm not wanting to debate drug use with you so I'll stop there.

9. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

10. Big-God

Big-God Money often costs to much.

Hehe, I wouldn't go that far. He's not delusional yet. No hallucinations, or grandiose idealizations.

Ignorance really is bliss. If we only tend to see our world from one viewpoint, and if you’re lucky it's a happy one, you'll always find joy in life. It's good to take a step back once in a while and examine where exactly you stand in life. Question who you are and where you’re going. Is what you’re doing in life exemplifying the type of person that you want to be. The real trouble lies in balancing the questioning and the action. Questioning yourself to the point of inaction is obviously not a productive way to live your life. Just take a step back, look around, take a deep breath, and forge ahead. Don't get too wrapped up in the “what ifs".

11. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

hey, i havn't smoked anything in about 2 days now and i'm starting to feel like my old self again, except that I feel scared by my own thoughts now. This "paranoia" will slowly drain away in time, but I don't know if I want it to, because now I actually do feel ignorant. One belief of mine is that ignorance may be bliss, but it's just too fake. I would much rather tackle a harsh reality than live in a dream world, because to me, living like that is comparable to being on drugs. I actually just want to be alone for a few days because I can't tolerate people and their worthless opinions and judgments right now.

12. Big-God

Big-God Money often costs to much.

It really is a tough issue to tackle, and I don't think anyone has quite an idea of what it's like to constantly see things from a less superficial perspective. It may be a problem or it may be a talent, I can't really decide. However just because your perspective may be different doesn't mean you have to view everything in a negative light. If you decide not to block out the thoughts, just take an even deeper look and try to understand why things happen the way they do or why people behave a certain way. Most of the time they (we) don't even realize why we do what we do. I don't think anyone ever purposely intends to inflict pain on others.