TAT I need "font" help on my tattoo.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Stare At The Sun, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Stare At The Sun

Stare At The Sun New Member

Basically, the tattoo I want to get is of a Greek epitaph, by doing a quick google, it would appear that I need MS Word to get any of the fonts to work.

What I want is

ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδεκείμεθα τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.But everytime I try to print that, it just ends up in blocks.

(For those that are curious, thats the epitaph that was left on the site of the Battle of Thermopylae, which represents honor on a level that is basically unknown to most people. I've always held those sort of classic ideas of honor close to my heart, and this is a great way for me to put that into a tattoo.)

I'm also not sure exactly where I want to get it, somewhere on my back, but the exact location eludes me. Any input on this clusterfuck of thoughts would be great. :)

2. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

You might put it reading up your flank. Like if you turned a piece of paper on its side. The longer lines would look better, to me, vertical instead of horizontal.

3. Stare At The Sun

Stare At The Sun New Member

Do you have any examples of that? I *think* I know what you mean,but I'm not exactly sure.

4. vitamin dew

vitamin dew New Member

Make the size bigger and do a print screen, print that?

5. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

To clarify, you would have to turn your head sideways to read it, but it would be vertically oriented.