I need car audio advice.................

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by chuck11976, Aug 13, 2002.

1. chuck11976

chuck11976 Guest

I have $350, I have built a sub-box to specs for a 10" woofer that requires .8 cubic feet (give or take 15%) of airspace, and I need a new CD deck (mine is a stock Dodge deck), a woofer, and an amp. Give me the best possible set-up I can get with that money, if needed, I can scrounge up a little more cash but would rather not. Thanks!

2. DSHR

DSHR Well-Known Member

My advice is go to ure local Walmart :o! But seriously I'd get the subs on ebay they always have Audiobahn 2 12's or 10's for 100+Shipping. With $350 is going to be hard to buy and HU sub and amp. But as long as u set a buget ure going to go over over more than likely or not have enough money to get the stuff that u want.

3. 04

04 Guest

Thats very do able. As for the woofer, a http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/show...03&St3=75112155&DS_ID=3&Product_ID=7771&DID=7 Dayton 10" would work, they only cost 22 dollars. The caveats include its 8ohm, designed for home, and is not really a high power/output driver. But for your situation, it sounds like it should work ok. You arent a basshead are you? Then for an amplifier, try getting a Us Acoustics amp, they usually put out the power they are rated at USX2080 at www.thezeb.com, Ive bought from them with no problems. As for the head unit, it really depends on the features you want, you can spend as little as 140 and the sky is the limit. If I were you I would buy one of the cheaper units though. So the total there is around 240 dollars, assuming 140 for the cd player. That allows 110 dollars for shipping and wiring, and possibly install if you dont want to install it.

Of any of the above things to upgrade, I would upgrade the woofer if you have extra money.

4. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

for the deck id recomend something like a pioneer 2400

im not familiar with the subs 042801 recomend but the company seems to make a decent product.. Another sub to look at is the Crossfire CF series drivers they cost a little more but would offer a little more output

your other option is to save up some more

5. GoGophers

GoGophers New Member

Image Dynamics IDQ $150 or less
    JBL 300.1 $135
    Pioneer 2400 $120
    Total $405+shipping and wires

6. Faygo

Faygo Got any room in your pocket for a little spare Cha

www.caraudiocrazy.com has the IDQ 10 on sale for $105, so it would probably be around $120 shipped.

7. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

you get Bstock products from them as in factory repaired

call image dynamics your self and ask. Also they arent authorized dealers so you get a 90 day warranty ;)

the great deal isnt so great huh

8. Faygo

Faygo Got any room in your pocket for a little spare Cha

thanks for clearing that up. I didn't check into them, I just remember seeing that price on there.