SRS I need an opinion on an Idea that popped into my head today, for my recent ex...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by The Green Bastard, Aug 23, 2005.

1. The Green Bastard

The Green Bastard Click click click bang

We still talk, and are very close friends, but she said that I shouldn't think we ARE getting back together later on, but we MAY...we MAY NOT, as well, but I don't want to even think of that.

Over the past couple months, I fucked up a couple times (stupid, I know), but I still love her so much.

SHe said when she broke up with me that we felt more like friends the past month or so, but we're in a 200 mile LDR, and we saw each other every weekend, or at the longest, every 2nd weekend.

The distance thing was a big influence on the 'friends' thing, but I thought she was just worrying about everything. She's starting a new 2-year university course in ASL, and with school, trying to work a part-time job, and events that are mandatory for her course, she feels that we'd never see each other anyways, and that would hurt our relationship even more.

Last wed. she broke up with me, and I've been a mess ever since. We dated for just over a year, and I've known her for 5+ years, as a great friend.

I even offered to move to her city and get a job, and we could move in together, share all the costs, I could relieve her stresses and even help her study. I even bought ASL for dummies in the spring.

But...

I was thinking of an attempt at rekindling what we had, by making a Video Letter for her.

I was planning the following:

• Take a small movie and some pics of the beach where we (a group of us) were the day I asked her out, and the same beach of our first date
    • Take a small movie of the beach our group camped at 2 nights later
    • Take pictures and a movie of the waterfalls we visited near her home (her original home, near me)
    • Go to the campground we spent a few days at the end of last summer and take some pictures
    • Go to the campground we were at last month for a few days, and the trails we hiked, and take a small movie and some pics of the trails and lighthouse
    ...and put it all on a DVD with other pictures we have taken of ourselves, and give it to her if our situation starts to improve (which I hope isn't too far off). I want to say to her, "Is this really something that someone who is "a friend" would do, or someone who is deeeply in love with you?

My mind says 'obsessive' but I can't imagine my future without her as my love, not just my friend.

I got over ex's before, in fairly short order, but nobody in my life has so deeply affected me, impacted my life as she has over this past year.

She's my soul mate, my closest friend, and even though we broke up, she's the love of my life, and I could never love another. Never.

All day, each and every day that we dated, I thought of her. I'd smile if someone mentioned her name, and when the phone rang, whether I was at work or home, I would get a heart flutter and hope it's her.
    We talked every night we were dating, except for maybe 3-4 nights when she was away or I ended up working too late.

I really miss the time we had together. Fun times, intimate times, going to the movies, or just cuddling watching TV. Every part of that I miss terribly.

I can't ever see me letting go of her. Ever.

God I'm such a mess.

2. anonymous

anonymous New Member

I feel the exact same way about my SO. He wanted to take a break because he's been single for so long and though he says he loves and cares for me a lot, he doesn't know if he can handle a relationship.

I think if the situation does improve for you guys, then making the video dvd would be a good idea to sway her over to the "may" side instead of the "may not" side.
    Perhaps if you sent her an email or something with everything I just quoted above to help her sway toward the "may" side?

Now, what can a girl do to sway the guy toward the "may" side?

3. The Green Bastard

Can I give you my gf's phone number, and give me your bf's number and we'll all have a talk! :rofl:

4. The Green Bastard

And I think I may go travelling with my camera on sunday.

5. grapevinedirge

grapevinedirge New Member

Do you really think it's best to continue a romantic relationship with this girl? You've "fucked up" before in the past, and the fact that you've done it several times just means it more likely that it'll happen again. You could save her and yourself a lot of time and energy by not bothering. It'll hurt at first, yeah, but it would be better (in the long run) then having all the worries and insecurities that come along with a long distance relationship. Don't go investing needless time and energy in an endevour that is too hard to maintain. I say that you should remain just friends with her for the time being and if you guys are really meant to be together, then it's an eventuality that will naturally happen on it's own.
    Good luck.

6. The Green Bastard

My fuckups weren't that extreme....Calling her by the wrong name when she's breaking my tentpoles, and getting my weekends mixed up for a visit.

7. anonymous

anonymous New Member

hahaha... if that's what it'll take to sway him more towards the "may" side.
    He promised me he'd have an answer for me by the end of this week (but if he doesn't, I'm not going to force him to make a decision).
    I'm so scared of what his decision might be.

8. The Green Bastard

We never did the 'deadline' tinkg, but we talked for a little bit tonight (she called me again too....so the ball isn't totally in her court) but I'm going to let time do this, and not force her into anything.

I am going to make that DVD for her just in case.....and if not, I'll have it for my own personal memories.

9. FSTMX5

FSTMX5 New Member

fuck the bitch....shes fucking with your head just like mine was

i just cut ALL ties yesterday...blocked on aim, tore up all the letters she wrote me, tore up pictures, got rid of her number in my phone

ive had enough of that shit....i wouldnt reccomend being "freinds" with an ex when you are the one that still has feelings because eventually, intentionally or not, they are going to use you because they know you will always be there

just my .02

Last edited: Aug 24, 2005
  10. The Green Bastard

Bitches ain't shit but hoes n tricks.

I think I'll ignore the advice from someone with that credo.

11. anonymous

anonymous New Member

well, i never gave him the deadline... he offered it so I took what I can get. For me, it makes me think that if he really was thinking he wanted this, then I'll give him the time he wants to persuade himself he wants this. If he didn't want this, then why is he asking to buy more time? But then there's a part of me that wonders what if he already knows he doesn't want this... *argh* so complicated.

12. quid

quid I Piss Excellence OT Supporter

my opinion with ex's.

never burn a bridge, as some day you may need them
    (my ex just sent me maui's because i wanted sunglasses)

BUT!!!!!!!!
    there was a reason for breaking up, that reason doesnt disappear

13. FSTMX5

FSTMX5 New Member

alrighty buddy....if u only knew the half of the story
    :wavey:

14. The Green Bastard

:sadwavey: You just sound SO BITTER towards the whole sex!

15. The Green Bastard

:hug: Very complicated.

Well, last night, she called me at home when I was at my friend's house, and my mom answered the phone. My mom doesn't bite her tongue when she should, and she wouldn't tell me all of what she said.....so I called her when I got home. She wasn't home / didn't answer...so I emailed her apologizing for anything my mom said.

I hope she understands that I'm not just a little angry at my mom.

16. FSTMX5

FSTMX5 New Member

not at all the whole sex my friend...probably my best friend is a girl

im just bitter towards girls who use guys...and good guys like myself

:hs:

17. The Green Bastard

<---good guy, and the gf always said I was the nicest, coolest guy she met.