TAT I need an opinion on a tattoo

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by kos, Jan 6, 2007.

1. kos

kos New Member

I've got a blue and black nautical star on one of my elbows. I'm wanting to get a star on my other elbow, but I have a few idea's and I'm not sure what I want to do, so I need some opinions or suggestions.

I'm polish, and I was thinking about having a star with a waving american and polish flag in it. But the polish flag is just a flag with a white stripe on top and red on bottom. So if I incorporate both into a star I either have one of 2 things. The american flag on top and the polish flag on bottom, but with the white stripe of the polish flag it looks like a giant white stripe from the american flag. If I put the polish flag on top and american flag on bottom I can't really fit in the stars on the american flag.

My next idea was to do a star with a american flag in it, and put the polish eagle on top. The only problem with this is detail. I've got a pretty small star on my other elbow and I'd like to keep them the same size. So I'm not sure if the eagle can be done in good enough detail.

Pics for reference:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So any suggestions? Obviously I should stop by a shop and see what they can come up with based on their skills at detail, but I'm just trying to get some ideas.

2. beckington

beckington New Member

well...

first off, you're completely right. that eagle will look like shit if you do it too small.

you can only put so much detail into such a small piece (needle size)

in my opinion, i would get the star with either just the colors of the american flag, or polish flag in it. I would choose the get the american flag in the star for two reasons... the american flag is more symbolic with a star and too much white will look like shit (ie, the polish flag) Then decide somewhere else to get the other one (the eagle or the flag).

3. kos

kos New Member

Thats what I was afraid of with the eagle. The star I have now isn't very big and the eagle would end up being no bigger than a silver dollar. I'd really like to incorporate both flags or something to do with both of them into one thing. I could always go with something other than a star, but I want it to match.. One of my friends suggested doing a star, but going outside of it with a flag wrapped around it, kind of difficult to explain.

Thanks for your input