WEB I need a website

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by dpakman91, Apr 25, 2008.

1. dpakman91

dpakman91 New Member

I have some websites, but this is for an actual business i'm running, and i want someone do to some stuff i don't know how to do. what's my best starting point for finding a developer that won't be too expensive, but will be responsive and reliable and will have ideas for me as well, rather than needing me to walk HIM through every detail?

2. Shampoo

Shampoo Rinse & Repost

Right here baby.

3. Die Antwoord

Die Antwoord New Member

I can help you. Shoot me a PM.

4. dpakman91

dpakman91 New Member

after talking to people via PM, it was suggested i post the details of the project here since it might not even be for everybody.

First off, I want something developed that, once there, I can add content to myself, make changes, etc. I have a few websites, but they are REALLY simple, like for my radio show, etc (www.midweekpolitics.com). So i have no idea how to make better stuff, but i assume once made i'll be able to handle the maintenance myself.

The business is a video production business. It has a few sides. I do work for a few different. I also work with realtors making guided home tours for properties they sell. I also work directly with businesses making website content for them, etc.

Now, a few things about what i want. My idea is to turn what i do locally into a national thing, where anyone across the country that wants video content for either their website or their business, whatever, can come to my site and request a quote or something, i haven't thought this out completely.

anyway, the website will definitely be a marketing thing, but presumably it would also have video sample, so being able to embed them with a youtube-like player would be good.

As a side note, a competitor of mine locally is http://www.etownvideos.com/, and maybe some of the aspects of their website are good.

obviously i don' know EXACTLY what i need or want, so i'd need input from the developer.

thoughts from anybody?